Crack Gold

oneguy

Another nice looking haul again. Soon you will have an ounce in short time, but a lot of work for it.

Good luck on your next outing and could you please send me the GPS numbers of where you were at, just so that I don't run into you while I'm out there.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

could you please send me the GPS numbers of where you were at, just so that I don't run into you while I'm out there.

I'll do better than that.  Gold is from up on Notellem creek, just north from the old bridge about 500-600yrds up is an old pine snag and acrossed the creek is a large boulder, just up on the bench above the boulder...start scratching those cracks!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

Nice crack gold and it all adds up at the end.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

I was dredging in No Cal in the 80s , had to put gear on backpack & climb into creek [ 4-10' wide x 1'-4' deep ] end of summer .

Was working an area where I could just keep my head out of water bareilly , and feel around like racoon and then wait for the water to clear .

Bedrock was on one side ot the creek and dropped quickly , felt a CRACK then bedrock into the creek .

About the 3rd time working this crack - about one inch or so at the top , I looked down again with goggles on and while my face was in the water - I screamed [ maybe the 1st I remember ever screaming ] reached down , finger wide - looked much bigger , at the top of the crack was a nugget that was shaped like a heart , got on the scale latter and it weighed just under 3/4 ounce 😉

Started retiring from union carpentry 😉   

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1