Banks have coin sorters now that sorta don't care what condition the coins are in. I brought $400+ worth of coins and while they grumbled a bit they put it all straight into my account, no fees. Quite a bit was metal detecting finds. The rest was a hoard. Don't go when they're busy!

You might be able to cash somea those Zincolns in, enough small potatoes still fill a pound bag. 😀

Great job! You'll be feeling it tho 🤔😬 

Great title BTW

• Like 2

I've been doing it all wrong i guess!

I thought that every time you find a good coin, you plant a corroded zincoln, to grow another good coin in its place! Sorta like a Johnny Zincolnseed!! Just trying to do my part for the environment!

My bad!!😜🤣👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I've been doing it all wrong i guess!

I thought that every time you find a good coin, you plant a corroded zincoln, to grow another good coin in its place! Sorta like a Johnny Zincolnseed!! Just trying to do my part for the environment!

My bad!!😜🤣👍👍

It was common on the Victorian gold fields to plant a copper decimal cent where you got a nugget. As you know gold was every where in Vic. it became too expensive to leave a cent at each find, just joking. It was one way of finding fertile ground though. 😁

• Like 6

It's very sad the way they corrode away! I actually appreciate how nice some of the older pennies come right out of the ground!

Sign of the times I guess! Probably the last few years of "circulation coin making" in the US, and probably elsewhere i suspect! Digital currency is boring, and dangerous! Progress?? We shall see!

"Chipping" everyone with cellphones is scary enough already! It can get worse! Watch the movie "Kingsmen" for a "preview" of what can happen! A cautionary tale, like  "Jurassic Parks" cloning fiasco, or "Terminators" AI take over!! No longer SyFy or fantasy stuff!! The technology is already here!! If Covid didn't convince you of what's possible, nothing will!!  JMO 😬🤯👍👍  

Yes, i went a little out there , and off subject for some, but still true! Good stuff to be aware of, in this rapidly changing world!!

• Like 4

If I think it's a coin, I dig it, even if I have a feeling it's a crusty and deteriorated Zincoln.

I keep my Zincolns...have about 40 or so that are in too rough shape to cash in. I still can't bring myself to throw them out, though.

Zincolns need luvin' too...

• Haha 4

On 8/18/2021 at 8:42 PM, mh9162013 said:

If I think it's a coin, I dig it, even if I have a feeling it's a crusty and deteriorated Zincoln.

I keep my Zincolns...have about 40 or so that are in too rough shape to cash in. I still can't bring myself to throw them out, though.

Zincolns need luvin' too...

Those rotten zincolns.

I think they just need to stop making them.  They have such little value now, they often get left on the counter at the local convenience stop for somebody to use if they're a few short. And they're left on the sidewalk if dropped, not worth the effort to pick up.

Nothing wrong with recovering them and getting them out of the way of masking possible good targets.  As for throwing out the corroded zincolns, take a deep breath and toss them in garbage. Believe me, it feels great.

rich

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Zincolns.

I thought about this for at least a minute...

My conclusion is If the banks pass them out as real money ,,,,

they have to take them back as real money  ! 

Some day someone might figure out some way to use them to stop covid ?????

But I'm NOT  swallowing one as a test.....