Someone Bought The Tesoro Parts Inventory

kac

On 8/15/2021 at 11:50 PM, Rob in (ca) said:

With all those parts he can build a detector.

Well, if he can find a coil somewhere....

• Haha 1

What coil are you looking for? He has parts but no complete coils. In general if you already have a stock concentric coil for your Tesoro then all you may want is a larger DD to compliment the machine for larger more open areas which Nel, Mars and Cors still sell. I'm more interested in the 3 turn pots than anything.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kac said:

What coil are you looking for?

Personally, a 6" (nominal) concentric, 4-pin 'delta'.

58 minutes ago, kac said:

In general if you already have a stock concentric coil for your Tesoro then all you may want is a larger DD to compliment the machine for larger more open areas which Nel, Mars and Cors still sell.

My goals for the Vaquero are dense trash, both heavy small iron (nails) and heavy small aluminum (pulltabs).  I'm quite happy with the ML Equinox (11" DD coil especially) for larger, open areas.  Maybe the Eqx 6" DD (which I already have) will do as well, but there sure are quite a few people who swear by concentrics, particularly small ones for dense trash.

I have some places loaded with pulltabs that I'm pretty sure are hiding coins.  I'm still (playing Don Quixote?) in search of the 'Holy Grail' combo that will find those old coins without me having to dig out the thousands (literally) of pulltabs.  I've found enough old coins in those spots to tell me that no detectorist who has hunted these sites has yet done what I'd like to do.

• Like 2

I have found over the years any concentric 9'' or under will out perform most DD's in trash. I've tried the Nox 6'' and could take it or leave it in trash, It still has a masking problem in iron. Just my two cent's.

• Like 3

The stock 8x9 is a very good coil in moderate high trash. I have picked out quite a few nice coins and rings with it.

It is still my primary coil on the Tejon for hunting woods where there were buildings. So high iron areas it does very well. Now when you get into can slaw and pull tabs you can easily just skip all that by cranking up the disc to the pull ring mark where class rings sit and most aluminum has dropped off and make an easy and quiet hunt for coppers and silvers.

Hunting in the aluminum range the Tejon has the advantage of dual disc so you can work a tighter range but that can be just as tedious as hunting with a VDI machine and constantly checking numbers with the exception that as I mentioned before there is a pop to most aluminum. I think cut square tabs and nickels for me are too difficult to hear the difference and oddly their numbers are nearly identical on just about all my machines that have VDI screen.

The guy that bought the parts said he has concentric coil frames and coil wires with connectors and strain reliefs but the coil frames are empty and he didn't specify the size. My guess/luck they are probably the 8x9 stock ones.

I have some messages out to find out and still trying to snag some pots. If he happens to have the small frames I can try to snag one for ya. Windings are probably close to the SuperTraq and those specs are on the web. Might be able to make one.

• Like 2

Nice work Kac,

I'm sure many will benefit from the information! 👍👍

• Like 1

Kac, Let me know what the out come is. I'll take what I can get. I'm looking for housings, boards, coil wires, and the list goes on.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...