How Many Unsearched Coin & Relic Sites Are Still Out There?

14 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

I have found with my Nox 800 by discrim out all below 23-24, recovery speed up around 6-7 and sensitivity down around 18 I can still pull old coins out of a heavily used county park that is full of modern trash.....

This is how us guys did, back in the late 1970s and into the 1980s, when discriminators were new, and motion disc. was new:  We were SO happy to FINALLY be able to reject foil and tabs, that we did JUST THAT .  Doh !  

Oh sure :  Kiss gold rings and nickels goodbye.  🙄  Sure. But it was fun to get silver coins, at a time when silver melt value was reaching all-time highs back then.   And sure, we had enough brains to lower our disc. control setting for the beach.  But for junky inner city parks, no one was being a hero in relic-dig-all mindset. 

I can think of a certain park in San Francisco, where I can dig a couple of silvers, and 10 or 12 wheaties, any time I'm passing through there. And I'm using the settings you describe.  Some other might gasp :  "Oh no, you're loosing depth or might miss a gold ring !".  But guaranteed, if they thought they were going to be a hero and strip-mine there, they wouldn't last 30 minutes, before reality hits them upside the head.  Doh !

• Like 1

I have been compiling a fresh list of researched sites that are built over with modern "improvements". They all have a small area of green left uncovered. I have dug some good finds in small overlooked nooks & strips. You just never know. Most have probably never seen a detector.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to How Many Unsearched Coin & Relic Sites Are Still Out There?