New Sp35 Coil For Simplex

Looks like the new SP35 12.5”x13.5” coil is about to become available in the US according to Big Boys Hobbies. It’s been available in the UK for a bit now. Looks like a coil I might like to have. I grew very fond of the Detech Ultimate 13 for my V3i, and considered one for Simplex, but can’t get past the white color. Instantly I become annoyed at white coils for black machines and wonder what on earth for…. Anyway, that’s my own OCD issue. The SP35 looks like a reasonable alternative. Who else is considering it, and why?

• Thanks 1

Too bad they Nel doesn't have a superfly for the simplex. I really like the performance and weight on my Kruzer.

I have the AF 35 for my Anfibio. It is a very good coil in the right sites.  Very deep, separates well & very stable. Not too heavy if you shorten the shaft a little. The SP version should be the same.

Nel were meant to be going to release their Simplex coils last week, there must be some delay, it seems delays are the norm in this day and age though with Covid.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, phrunt said:

Nel were meant to be going to release their Simplex

That’s exciting news too. I’d like to see a ridiculously huge coil for it. Once in a while I experiment with larger and/or deeper targets and once in a blue moon it works out to be something worth the dig. I have to play games with myself in spots I’ve cherry picked. I’ll go back with goals in mind I otherwise wouldn’t have, like to dig the first 5-10 signals no matter what they are, and/or dig one apparently deep target. 

• Like 1

You really have to give it to Nokta/Makro on the build quality and robust coil ears provided on these accessory coils, especially when compared some of its competitors. 

• Like 1