Are 3rd Party Coils Pulled From The Apex?

kac

Wasn't long ago Nel and Cors were making coils for the Apex. Now they seem to be non existent. Have they been pulled from the market?

Probably just a stock shortage in the USA due to Covid shipping, I'd imagine they sold out quickly.   I buy my Nel direct from the Ukraine and they've got them available for sale, and the UK dealers still have plenty of stock.

https://regton.com/nel-snake-6-5-x9-5-coil-for-garrett-ace-apex-metal-detectors-gnelaapsk.html

They're also obviously still on the Nel official website.

http://nel-coils.com/index.php/en/production/nel-snake-9-5x3-5?id=2320

Love that snake coil 🙂

Still plenty of Apex Detech coils on Ebay too

Ebay Detech Ultimate 13" For Apex

Love that Detech ultimate too 🙂

My two favourite aftermarket coils for VLF's 🙂

• Like 4

I like they've done the Garrett Colour scheme on the Ultimate coils for the Apex.

detech-ultimate-11-5-inch-search-coil-for-garrett-apex-1000x1000h.jpg.thumb.gif.c5c4caa97f8969cfbf1b783859e36517.gif

I'm really looking forward to when Garrett releases their AT series replacement with multi frequency, as I'm sure these manufacturers will be quick to make their coils for it too. 

• Like 3

The only importer here for Nel doesn't stock much at all and wouldn't order a Superfly for my Gold Racer even with money up front! Terrible service. One of the reasons I had the Gold Racer was the Nel and Cors coil options, just so much you can do with the stock coil and one the reasons I sold it.

Little weary on ordering direct because neither can confirm what the duty fees are and don't want to dish out money only to have it hung up in customs.

That ultimate 13 does look good.

If you buy on Ebay does it not automatically calculate any duties and so on and you pay them to Ebay? It does for NZ so I know what I'll be paying when I order.  And buying direct from Ukraine you'd think would end up cheaper, it certainly does for me as you're buying direct off Nel.   There are two sellers on Ebay associated with Nel and if they haven't listed the coil you want you just message them saying which one and they'll put a listing up for you to order it.

I've always bought mine off this guy and he's been good.

https://www.ebay.com/str/valerius1906nelandcorscoils?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased my Super Fly for the Apex from valerius1906 on eBay without issue.  If it isn't currently listed (it wasn't when I was looking) just send a message and he'll create a listing for you.  

• Thanks 1