Best V3(not I) Program For Trashy/mineralized Ground?

cathexis

Greetings!

My first post here. I have a wooded area (not NPS or Nat'l Battlefield) that I hunt where my best finds have been minies & modern coins. I believe there's more. The site was farmed (no structures) Antebellum and up into the 1950's. It was the site of a documented CW skirmish. But it is littered with trash, both 70's construction, it was a beer drinking spot for teens, and lots of barbed wire and other older metal junk in the ground. I really want to tune all the junk out, even if I lose that gold bracelet at 6" down, and work this hilly, wooded, mineralized area of several acres and not be spending the rest of my life digging junk. I'm OK with just cherry-picking since I feel any area that is productive will make me slow down anyway.

I wanted to ask the group if there's a fav custom-made anti-trash program for the V3 they might offer up? Links to same are fine too. Seems like there used to be other forums where this info was common 5+ years ago or more. But don't see it now. Can you help? My machine is a White's V3 with Eclipse 950 coil. I still have the Spectra D2 coil as well. Thank you for reading and hope you can help!

• Like 1

Hi Cathexis,

Hard to tune all the junk out.   Correlate mode allows the tightest discrimination.  It basically requires the strongest signal to correlate with the mid 7.5 frequency to generate a response.   You get to pick how much it it has correlate to respond.   

Basically, set your disc to around -25,  3 Frequency Correlate on, Start with your Span limit at about 10 and tighten up from there as you need to.   10 kHz band pass filter.  Multi tone and dig what beeps.   I tend to use this in Mixed mode just so I can hear the stuff that didn't correlate and give me a disc response.   

Beer cans.....they will probably sound off, but you can size them in Mix mode and tell they are large targets....but...if you are relic hunting...you may want the larger targets anyway and will have to dig them.

Concentric will give you tight correlations....the DD coil will have a tiny fudge factor.

Good luck!

HH
Mike

• Like 3