Results Are In For Codan Fy21 Investor Report

phrunt

I guess they also include accessory coils as key products?

I was just looking back at this thread trying to understand which were the 5.  Did anyone find a 5th patent?  I wonder, what is considered a key product?  It seems a key product might be considered more than a coil.  Of course, I don't really know.

Hey don't y'all think it's odd you can't find a new Etrac to buy at the bigger detector sites. Same can be said for the Safari and X-terra. Equinox and Vanquish are not sold out and those are the Minelabs biggest sellers. CTX is sold out at some places. It's not proof by any stretch, but makes you wonder if those sold out detectors are being phased out. Maybe I'm just wanting to believe a new release will be sooner than later.

• Like 1

I would imagine it's because the dealers in question don't want to bring in stock they don't think will sell, that's certainly how it works here with our dealers. The dealers only carry what they think will sell, they don't want stuck with stock sitting there forever.  It might be more of a sign of detectors that need discontinued than ones which are being discontinued.

• Like 3

I can only assume the Silversaver has more than one product, note the word 'series', maybe they have a big one for larger restaurants and a little portable type one for the smaller cafes and things, making it two products.  There has been no other signs of any product.

SILVERSAVER SERIES Trademark Information

Trademark by MINELAB ELECTRONICS PTY. LIMITED

Metal detectors for detecting and preventing tableware, serving-ware, and utensils from being discarded in waste containers, for the restaurant and hospitality industry.

For F22 Codan reports they will be spending $32.6M AUD on Engineering (I'm assuming this is the same as or incorporates R&D) with 54% or $17.6M AUD for Minelab - so approximately  30% of group net profits are being ploughed back into the business. there are a few new IP patents for Minelab so they are working on something - maybe the hint is where they are  "Expanding MULTI-IQ® technology across the range" - at the moment they have expanded from Equinox to Vanquish - maybe they will expand multi IQ to a dedicated underwater detector & replace the Excal.

It looks like F22 will be a consolidation year where they are focusing on increasing supply chain/manufacturing/inventory levels - nice problem to have - normally its the reverse with the pressure to move excess stock.

There are no new trade mark names on the Aust IP website - so im guessing any new metal detecting products will be at least 6 to 12 months away.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Share price getting smashed today - down 11% now and was about 13% off a litle while ago.

AGM also held - nothing too concerning coming from it that I have seen so far from market announcements.  Further discussion re: Donald McGurk leaving but that is not new news.  

Might be a good buying opportunity.  

• Like 3

Yes, it's a bit odd and new products generally give them a boost, after the Equinox release the price went sky high, after the 6000 release it's been falling, sure it's not been a smooth release with shortages and then the failure rate issue.  Not sure if they're meeting expected sales targets.

1718670082_Codanshares.thumb.jpg.c78b87be00422d965f1adc3396197637.jpg

That chart is so different to back when the Nox was released.  Maybe realistic pricing does matter after all.

• Like 3