Results Are In For Codan Fy21 Investor Report

phrunt

On 10/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, phrunt said:

I'm not sure what the shotgun pellet situation would be like in Africa, I don't think it'd be much of an issue but maybe they consider a 0.03 of a gram nugget as just as much of a frustration as a shotgun pellet 🙂

You have a good point. I would if I had to feed my family from it.

GC

• Like 1

Yes, me personally I always strive for the most sensitive detector possible, but I understand someone who is in an area with bigger gold not wanting to waste their time sorting through things like millions of near surface shotgun pellets to possibly get tiny dinks when their aim is to get the bigger stuff.   I often dig 50+ pellets a day, and that's with me rejecting hundreds more with an "educated" or perhaps "uneducated" guess that they're a pellet.  If I really dug and recovered every target I'd not get all that much detecting done in a day.

It's been crossing my mind lately to use a less sensitive detector and coil like my 5000 with a bundle wound coil to not dig near as many targets and hope to get a bigger one by covering a lot more ground.

• Like 2

It's the same issue in the old mining pits and tailing piles here Simon, tons of deep nails, shell casings, bullets, and other stuff. Some days all you do is just dig junk all day long. But yeah, I hear what you are saying, and too much sensitivity to the smallest, and least valuable gold, could actually be an impediment in some locations. Where I'm at it's more an annoyance, and at least they are not near as deep as the nails!

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:20 PM, VicR said:

I agree with Phrunt - since switching from the GPX4500 to the GPX6000 i am picking up all these shot gun pellets that the GPX4500 did not see - but on the plus side the GPX6000 is finding so much more gold than the 4500 ever did.

The last 2 years have been very disappointed. I got to Singapore for a cruise to celebrate your GOLDEN anniversary. It was canceled due to Covid back in 14 Feb 2020. This year they cancelled our Nov 2021 cruise to NZ where we were going to remove all of Simon itchy bitchy teeny weeny nuggets and they canceled that trip due to Covid, which means SIMON has another 12 months to get what remains. I was looking at upgrading my old ML 3000's (analogue detectors to maybe a 6000 or 7000 to go over my old patches ( https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/11689-nugget-spread) that have no shot gun pellets and the new light weight coils that may somehow overcome my age deterioration due to the lack of freedom in this covid crisis. Well that is the way the cookie crumbles. 😭 

• Like 1