Anyone Still Swinging A Safari?

Well I have always been curious about them. Have watched several videos but never held one. 

So are there any safari users here or has everyone jumped on the equinox wagon?

All input from previous users are welcome as well

Or please state the reason why you moved from the safari. 

1 hour ago, bigtim1973 said:

Doesn't seem to be anyone using one anymore. I guess that answers my question.

For me it was just one of those machines that I passed over for no apparent reason other than my money was already invested in one of their other machines 😄

• Like 2

I went from an Explorer to a CTX 3030 and X-Terra. I saw no need for the Safari...........still don't.

The Explorer, Safari and even the X-Terra are not in Minelab's line up for 2022 according to the model list included in phrunt's post about Codan's FY 2021 Investor report.

What is the "equinox wagon" by the way? I just use what works. I don't jump on moving wagons mindlessly or otherwise......

• Like 2

As someone who is constantly watching the resale market, It seemed to me that even when the Safari was in production people either opted to buy a used Explorer or an Etrac. I think this is because safari lacked Fe:Co. It seemed to be a stripped down Explorer/E-trac. Most reviews I’ve seen from those who did buy one were favorable, particularly in stable target ID. The resale value continues to go down though. It used to be easy to get $500-$600 for one. Now, not so much. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...