A Lot Of Numbers

Congrats on the ring, love the stone as it is my birth month like grandfathers was.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 3

Nice ring and handful o' clad. 👍I will definitely dig a 1-6 in places I feel have a potential for gold. Most times it's foil but...

• Like 3

I met a guy on the beach a few years back. He had his ctx and I had mine. He said every time he dug a 12-09 it was a ring...every time. I remember thinking he must not do much park hunting .  Nice ring.

strick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I usually dig anything in the 5 to 12 range in certain areas. Small 14k is always in the 6 to 8, like f350 said it's not worth passing those up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

I usually dig anything in the 5 to 12 range in certain areas. Small 14k is always in the 6 to 8, like f350 said it's not worth passing those up.

I got my wife a nice little gold wave ring that was a 1. The 925 version I dug at another beach was a low signal as well. About the only thing I can truly recognize now is a bottle cap but I still dig them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As a beach hunter I dig just about everything from a -6 up in an area until I find out it is not worth digging it.  I sometimes skip a -2 because it is a hair pin.  The -5s sometimes fool me lately because they are tent stakes.  The 0s and 1s can be foil bottle seals or ketchup foils but they can also be something good.  I get tired or sometimes forget a 14 is a pull tab but they can be real too.  Then the clad, corroded pennies can be anywhere from 15-25 on my beaches.  They take more interrogation.  If I'm working a patch which has quarters, dimes, pennies and jewelry I will sometimes skip a solid 20 to dig something more valuable if the tide is coming in or I just don't have enough time or energy for a penny.  That becomes evident at the end of a session of 3-5 hours.

• Like 5

Most of mine finds were from using a new Garretts ADS 1979 detector the only time i used the TR discriminator was when I was detecting under a wire fence. What I did was set it so that moving it in and out from the wire made no change in sound. Well the no discrimination and dig all signals meant that all the new dectector that tried my spots found no coins or jewellery. I know there is a place for discrimination / read out ID but most people miss out on good targets when using them when not needed (easy dug target like the beach or limited junk.)

• Like 3