GPX 6000 On Small, Porous Gold

Very nice hunting and I will be lucky to find anything like it. I need to learn my detector more when I am able to and learn the tones much better.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Yes that's certainly some rough looking gold.  Your description of "focus of detector and operator" is exactly what it takes to still find more targets from those heavily worked areas.  Did you notice any difference when going from NORMAL to DIFFICULT on the signals before you dug?  So far I have not missed hearing a true target when comparing, so far.

So, seems to be the truth. I had passed over this area before using only the GM 1000 and had nothing to show for it.

I’m right there with you in trying discern the differences between the normal and difficult modes. As of yet, I haven’t been able to decide what differences the modes make on these targets. Hopefully, it will become apparent with more flight time. 

Simply based on history with the GPZ, I’ve been trying to keep it in normal, as much as possible, but as of yet I can’t tell. 

There are other things I have noticed, but it seems variable as to when they occur. At times, it has been a little less sensitive to EMI when in difficult mode. But, what really shocked me was when on this recent excursion and passing from exposed bedrock to silty overburden, switching to normal mode significantly calmed the threshold. It had me scratching my head with how striking it was. Coincidentally, afterwards I read JP speaking of the same thing in another thread.

I’m all ears if someone else is noticing a pattern with the modes on targets.

• Like 3