Garrett Pro-pointer Acting Stupit .

Well I got a new pro pointer and it’s acting like this - 

- just like it should work 

-  the “I’m getting closer” only goes to about 1/2 the speed it should when literally touching the target . 
- won’t do anything 

- won’t stop hardly. 
- had me digging to China for no reason at all . ( even after a re-tune ) 
that said , my friend pointed out the fact that the cereal number inside by the battery is not there - only a cereal number on the back ( wondering if it’s a B- quality pro pointer ? Any help I appreciate it ! OH and I bought it to be knew off eBay and it did come in the box sealed in plastic so IDK🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Pinger said:

Well I got a new pro pointer and it’s acting like this - 

- just like it should work 

-  the “I’m getting closer” only goes to about 1/2 the speed it should when literally touching the target . 
- won’t do anything 

- won’t stop hardly. 
- had me digging to China for no reason at all . ( even after a re-tune ) 
that said , my friend pointed out the fact that the cereal number inside by the battery is not there - only a cereal number on the back ( wondering if it’s a B- quality pro pointer ? Any help I appreciate it ! OH and I bought it to be knew off eBay and it did come in the box sealed in plastic so IDK🤦‍♂️

If it's new it should look new and have both serial numbers in it. Unless it fell out at the factory before it was sealed.  I don't think Garrett sells "B" products. I read your description and I can interpret it a couple of different ways so I'll just tell you what I know about the AT propointer (orange one). Is yours the orange or is it the black pinpointer? A proper functioning pinpointer goes from silent to very slow beeps to moderate beeps, to fast beeps, to a solid continuous tone when you approach a target. But also remember that the pinpointer responds from the side of the pinpointer body as well as from the tip. Also, moisture and the changing soils as you go deeper have a tendency to false and produce a signal.  Try running your pinpointer on level 2 instead of level 3 the most sensitive setting. I've learned from experience to try and figure out what I am doing or interpreting wrong to make sure it's defective before I go and send it in for repairs. Most time i was me not using it properly for the area I was hunting. Also I've caught unknowingly holding down the on button while wearing gloves and trying to pinpoint an object. 😄 Anyways, let us know if you get it figured out.

• Like 3

Couple of Red flags there, the biggest one being off Ebay, would you mind posting the Ebay link where you bought?

The Garrett Carrot has to be the most cloned pinpointer there is, many fakes floating about and a many of them for sale on Ebay are fake so you have to be really careful of who you buy it from, often price is the give away as the fakes are always sold cheaper than they should be.

• Like 6

Thanks for the reply guys - well it just seems the one I had 15 yrs ago was more quality and seemed I never had any problems- that said I gave the benefit of the doubt and been out with it a few more times . I THINK , it was me …….. I’ve had better luck with it but I will say this - the 12$ ( copy ) beats it on small gold like ear rings ( very small ) the cheap one I got seems to be a pretty nice one actually - although I been using the Garrett I’m saving the cheap one for back up . Idk I’ll probably just go on with it lol maybe they are just smarter than I am now uh days ! Lol 

The Garrett Propointer AT is about $125. If you got a brand new one for much less you didn't get a Propointer AT.

Sometimes you will be going after a large piece of iron that falsed when the coil passed over it. It can be feet deep, not inches. The only way to combat this phenomenon is:

Before you even dig, pull the coil back to about a foot or more over the target and watch the depth. If it doesn't disappear and the depth doesn't change it is large iron or a beer can.

HTH

• Like 1