Greetings From Prescott Az

Jacodaro

Hi folks, my name is Mario. I was encouraged by a member of a different MD site to also join this forum and announce that, as of June 2021, I have in my possession every remaining Tesoro part/accessory that was in the building. I will post in the classified when I become eligible to do so. 

I don't even own a metal detector, but I'm going to build one (or more) for myself.

Thank you.

• Like 7

Welcome Mario.

There is a classified section where you can post parts for sale and there is a Tesoro section I had posted your original link from Treasurenet.

Still looking for those 3 turn gb pots for my Tejon but also need a full set as my threshold part is worn out too. I'll pop it apart and post the specs this week.

So when you getting the detecting bug? 🙂

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum and I am sure that your knowledge will be able to help some of us here.

When you start detecting please post a story and some pictures of your finds.

Good luck and glad your here.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Welcome Mario, I was wondering what happened to all those parts. Glad you popped up to save those. I'll be interested in some things for sure.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard and thanks for bringing this resource here !

I'm sure many members will be very happy to see ya !

It wouldn't be a bit surprising if you get a detector in your hands with all the parts you now have.

As the disease takes hold of you , feel free to ask  about anything you need explaining for ....we'll get you up and running.

AND,,,, Maybe someone would trade you a working detector for some parts ????

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum Mario,

Good going "saving" those parts! You will have to tell us the story behind that purchase, and how much inventory you've got! That's your initiation task; and to also give us a forum discount!!🤣

Just kidding! Glad you found your way here, and good luck with the parts sales!!👍👍

• Like 2

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

Yes, there will be a significant discount available to forum members.

Let it be known to all that I much prefer to keep this inventory available from within the U.S.A. 

How much stuff do I have? Let's just say that I can no longer park my car in the garage.

Anyhow, I will be more than happy to soon share the very strange story about how I wound up with all this stuff.

Fact: the new owners of the Tesoro building, which is now an Orthopedic manufacturing facility, was going to send this stuff to the dump. I'm not kidding. It took me one evening that involved a Google search to realize what I needed to do.

I've been in contact with a local individual who was the Service Mgr at Tesoro for almost 3 decades Very interesting.

A little about my background: among other endeavors, I have over 30yrs professional experience working on guitars/amps. What we're concerned with here is the electronics. I service/repair and restore/build tube guitar amps and home audio. A lot of that is circuit board builds, so I possess all the equipment to do such. Also analog SS based, but no computer driven amplifiers.

Moderator: I hope I'm not violating forum rules/protocol by listing my personal contact info within a post. It would just be such an easier way to communicate.

Mario Amodeo

Cell/text: (928) 273-2733.

Email: amjr158@gmail.com

More to come.

• Like 5

Welcome Mario, I think you will make a lot of Tesoro fans happy that you saved the parts. I'm intrigued by the detector, some have great successes with it. Could be some kinda juju... 😀 

Great story, looking forward to more. I worked on guitars and amps when I was younger, I was a huge Fender fan. Not so much electronics but restoration/mods. Found some pretty old stuff in my time.

You can delete emojis by selecting at least one word, dragging the selector over the emojis, and hit 'cut'. Backspace doesn't work.

• Like 1

Mario,

Thanks for a little back story on the parts, and yourself! Interesting stuff! Hope it continues! 

Hope you don't mind phone calls and emails now!🤣  Keep up the good work!!👍👍