New Upcoming Ctx3030 2?

PPP

I never listen to hearsay in the detecting world,i much prefer to wait until the item is actually on sale,and even then if its a brand new detector that has just been launched i would still wait a minimum of 12-18 months to see if any design flaws or other issues appear....which of course they do happen.

If there is it's likely well over a year away, see the investor report, they always mention if there are going to be new models in it, often not saying what they'll be just indicating a new model is coming, in this one there is no mention of any new models this next financial year.  Last years report had the GPX 6000 and MF5 mine detector in it as "new key products coming"

• Like 2

It’s a pretty safe bet that a high end multi-IQ variant is in the works, and there are hints that it’s in the beginning stages of testing/development, but there’s nothing to indicate it will be in the hands of the public any time soon. Personally, I consider the equinox to be a high end product performance wise. It’s the build that needs some work/pride, and some visual discrimination tools like CTX as well. In terms of build I think Minelab could take cues from Simplex where pride is taken in the aesthetics no matter the price point. Every machine has had its build quality issues, even Simplex, but aesthetics matter, to me at least.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather them continue the FBS2 detectors along side the Multi-IQ detectors, for me they're two very different animals and in its element I would prefer to use my CTX over Multi-IQ any day.  They each have their strong points where one excels over the other though and in plenty of scenarios I'd use the Nox over the CTX, more often than not really.

A lighter faster CTX would probably go down well with people, I'm not at all bothered by the weight as I'm used to swinging heavier gold detectors and I find the CTX extremely comfortable to swing.   They must have the technology by now to improve the CTX performance in trashy areas.  I don't know how much to do with this sort of thing processing power is, but a huge amount has changed since the CTX was released.

The Nox could do with vastly improved build quality when they come out with the Equinox 1000, even if that means paying more and leaving the 800 on the market as the cheaper version I'd be happy with that.

I hope they don't discontinue the CTX as I'd be a buyer of the new model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I'd rather them continue the FBS2 detectors along side the Multi-IQ detectors, for me they're two very different animals and in its element I would prefer to use my CTX over Multi-IQ any day.  They each have their strong points where one excels over the other though and in plenty of scenarios I'd use the Nox over the CTX, more often than not really.

A lighter faster CTX would probably go down well with people, I'm not at all bothered by the weight as I'm used to swinging heavier gold detectors and I find the CTX extremely comfortable to swing.   They must have the technology by now to improve the CTX performance in trashy areas.  I don't know how much to do with this sort of thing processing power is, but a huge amount has changed since the CTX was released.

The Nox could do with vastly improved build quality when they come out with the Equinox 1000, even if that means paying more and leaving the 800 on the market as the cheaper version I'd be happy with that.

I hope they don't discontinue the CTX as I'd be a buyer of the new model.

I agree. The CTX and also the E Trac had some very redeeming qualities.  Sharp, solid tones, ability to spread the scale apart (tone wise), ways to change the signal (long tones, etc) all lead to great park hunting for deep silver. You could actually tell a silver dime from a clad dime on the E Trac. A lighter, deeper E Trac I would have jumped all over.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New Upcoming Ctx3030 2?