Is It Time For Minelab To Make A New Beach Pi?

mn90403

The whites tdi pro is a good choice if you can find one...lots of coils to choose from. I just got a clean sweep coil for mine off a gentleman on this site..a very deadly combo. Of all the detectors I have used it is the most comfortable machine...perfectly balanced ..downside is not waterproof and likes batteries

Strick 

• Thanks 1

Keep what you have and enjoy. PI's are just deeper and can slow you down ..unless you have a clean beach.

Sorry about your experience with the AQ, seems a few have had issues. 

Are you missing anything without a PI.. I would say very little. Me, am I missing any gold.. I am sure I am but the excalibur is keeping me happy for now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I too have a Cleansweep type coil for my GP extreme and love it at the beach except for its complexity with modded battery, audio, and Bluetooth.  My coil is a Beach Hog. I have a Cleansweep on a Tejon that is great in the dry.  I want to make an adapter for one of these on my CTX or EQ600.  A new lightweight CTX with such a coil would be the ticket.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Just giving some thought to the future and what will be left to find.  Gold nuggets are a vanishing commodity so what about a new beach PI Minelab?  I know there are a couple of guys out trying to use the 6000 on the beach but at $6000 a copy that is a bit of a high price point for a beach machine.  I like my 800 and my 3030 at the beach but what am I missing a little deeper?

I tried the AQ limited but I got a lemon and I soured on it quickly.  Should I try one again?  I live at the beach and spend 90+% of my time on wet/damp sand.  Hard to break old habits now.

If owning a PI means digging it all/most. I AM OUT.  My goals at this point in life are to work smarter not harder.

I want MORE accurate idenification and MORE depth in my detector as a double function.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Just giving some thought to the future and what will be left to find.  Gold nuggets are a vanishing commodity so what about a new beach PI Minelab?  I know there are a couple of guys out trying to use the 6000 on the beach but at $6000 a copy that is a bit of a high price point for a beach machine.  I like my 800 and my 3030 at the beach but what am I missing a little deeper?

I tried the AQ limited but I got a lemon and I soured on it quickly.  Should I try one again?  I live at the beach and spend 90+% of my time on wet/damp sand.  Hard to break old habits now.

Always good to have a PI in the arsenal for those extreme black sand conditions that can sometimes manifest on SoCal beaches...In the past I've hit beaches with my Sov. GT that were impossible to detect due to black sand, even with sensitivity turned all the way down..

• Thanks 1

A GPX 6000 and Equinox 800 pretty much covers all my detecting needs, including dry beach detecting with a PI. I still do have a craving for a proper waterproof PI, and I’m not expecting Minelab to do it. I really want a properly made Impulse AQ, but I’m in skeptic mode now, so anything they make is going to have to prove out with others, before I get back on that horse. I like the ATX circuit a lot, but hate the weight. TDI Beachhunter is I guess the machine I’d buy now, but I’d rather have that properly made Impulse. So I guess I’ll just hold out for now looking for something better to come along. I just don’t need a beach PI badly enough to settle for anything less than what I really want. The 6000 will just have to do for now, even if it limits me to wading depths. So I guess I do have a Minelab made beach PI. :smile:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'd settle for a machine that can disc out aluminum as easily as it does iron, without losing small gold. I know, not likely, but, I can dream can't I? 🤑

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 5:17 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

A GPX 6000 and Equinox 800 pretty much covers all my detecting needs, including dry beach detecting with a PI. I still do have a craving for a proper waterproof PI, and I’m not expecting Minelab to do it. I really want a properly made Impulse AQ, but I’m in skeptic mode now, so anything they make is going to have to prove out with others, before I get back on that horse. I like the ATX circuit a lot, but hate the weight. TDI Beachhunter is I guess the machine I’d buy now, but I’d rather have that properly made Impulse. So I guess I’ll just hold out for now looking for something better to come along. I just don’t need a beach PI badly enough to settle for anything less than what I really want. The 6000 will just have to do for now, even if it limits me to wading depths. So I guess I do have a Minelab made beach PI. :smile:

Just wonder why you think minelab is not going to built a beach PI machine?whats the reasonThanks

1 hour ago, PPP said:

Just wonder why you think minelab is not going to built a beach PI machine?whats the reasonThanks

I would say theres not much of a market for it.. Most people are not going to buy a beach machine that every-time it beeps it could be a nail...only a few of us crazies will do such a thing when were desperate for a target. 

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2