Part 2 - Dig, Shovel, Rake & Metal Detecting For Gold Nuggets - Video

Hey Guys,

Oldmancoyote - TwoToes sent me one of his crevice tools months back and I use it all the time.  I had it in a few videos and actually always have it with me.  

Randy, Beatup and dig4gold - Thanks for the comments.  I will do what I can to get a final video of what we have done.  I think it's starting to lean out, the pockets only stay so good once they are cleaned out you have to move on.  The gravel and overburden is now getting deeper and requires much more man power to get down.  

Rob

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

The gravel and overburden is now getting deeper and requires much more man power to get down. 

…and that's where the heavier stuff hides. Good luck guys, you'll find it if it's in there.

Great work on the nice nuggets, see people can learn things from the people on this forum.

Now if only I can afford the equipment and training to get out there.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 1

Aye

14 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Keep in mind, this method has been using since the beginning of placer mining.

Aye we are a lucky generation we have the gold detector to take a lot of the work out of the job, but regardless you certainly deserve the rewards Rob for putting the effort in. Our detectors are without doubt the best method of loaming where the overburden depth allows, especially the sensitive Z and now the even more sensitive 6K.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.  To add to Valens comments, actually you don't need to spend a fortune to get over some gold.  First, make sure you're going to known or near known areas where gold nuggets have been found, if you're targeting nugget gold.  Secondly, a good VLF detector will be fine to start with along with basic hand tools (good pick with magnet, scoop).  With a high end VLF, White's, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Tesoro and others, search for shallow areas or exposed bedrock to find that first gold nugget.  From there, if you start finding a decent concentration of gold, you can start placering the area to get down into the deeper areas.  

Once you collect a decent about of gold, you can look into a used or new Pulse Induction metal detector.  

Many think you need to invest thousands of dollars to find nuggets, when actually if you have a plan and some areas in mind, you might just surprise yourself.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob

• Like 3