Nel Coils For Garrett 24K

Simon has reported that NEL will be supporting the 24K, with availability before the end of the year. Great news, as a issue for me with some other models is lack of aftermarket options. A great coil selection counts for a lot with me, so this is excellent news indeed!

I’d much prefer a Snake coil over the old White’s 4x6 DD with the added air space in the bottom, I was thinking of getting one of those and shaving the bottom off, but I’d rather have a NEL. Really good news, thanks Simon! The 3.5” x 6.5” Snake, just a perfect little coil for the 24K! Note that the Snake is specifically made to endure use without the scuff cover, great for scrubbing where every millimeter makes a difference.

731781BD-3930-4E18-903E-12DC840C0779.jpeg
94811C6A-5B15-4C9B-A6F7-3C8A70EE993D.png

• Like 4

I think it's excellent news for Garrett too, It's a good way for their detector to become more popular, a detector with a good range of coils is going to have far more potential than a detector limited with two coils.  It's a very smart move on Garrett's behalf to not prevent aftermarket manufacturers and I've always seen it as the Achilles' heel of another particular manufacturer, as soon as someone else had another product in the ballpark of their detector then it comes down to coil choices, and the 24k is looking to be better than the competition and now will have a range of coils for it too.   A winning combination in my opinion.

Yes, they will work on the Whites 24k also.

It's been my wish for a long time now to have one of these high frequency VLF's with a Snake coil, finally that dream is coming true so I'm super happy.  I also can't wait for Garrett's 6" Concentric coil, I'll be ordering that the day I can get my hands on it, in the mean time I've ordered a 6" Whites concentric coil from a shop in Australia that had one left in stock but I really want the Garrett version as I have little doubt they'll improve the coil over the Whites version even if it is just in build quality.  By the looks of things the Concentric is a deadly coil, and in my milder soil conditions I think it will really shine.

The little Snake coil is a rock solid epoxy filled sensitive little coil that you can really beat around in rocky areas and not be concerned you're going to damage it or have bump sensitivity, it's built tough and it's size means it can get into places very few other coils can. 

Below is the email reply from Nel, They've always been very responsive to my emails.

1227821453_NelCoilsGarrett24k.thumb.jpg.db7a34f2b30bfd6811d5f4f1ac914f2a.jpg

• Like 3

Even though  I have the Whites 4 by 6 coil I will get the snake for my   Gmx because it is epoxy  filled plus has no extra air space.I bet it will be  hotter too.I am glad  Garrett is bringing out a 6'' concentric.I also wonder how much they improved the machine.Jeff likes his Garrett better then his Whites 24k.

• Like 1