Tough Coin Spill At The Farmhouse

Nice finds!!

I say wait till it's cooler, and no poison ivy or ticks! Anything left will wait a few months for you, and be more fun to dig! Don't forget to note the spot though! I've "heard" that the scenery changes, when the leaves drop!! Don't have that here! Boring green all year!!🤣👍👍

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Nice finds!!

I say wait till it's cooler, and no poison ivy or ticks! Anything left will wait a few months for you, and be more fun to dig! Don't forget to note the spot though! I've "heard" that the scenery changes, when the leaves drop!! Don't have that here! Boring green all year!!🤣👍👍

Thankfully this spot is still going to be there, I can see the post and the plastic coated metal lines running back into the brush meaning the other post is there as well. I wonder how long they used this spot, found a "line" of coins in the front yard too.

English Ivy is evergreen, but poison ivy isn't. That will help some. 🙂 Except of course that you can still get poison ivy from the vines 😀

• Like 2

Remember that poison ivy killer we discussed! Time to break it out!!👍👍

• Like 1

Nice recovery, I love old cloths lines for silver.  I managed a few coins and ring today but the heat index of 107 almost killed me. When your finding you really don't notice the heat that much, But when your not it is horrible. The hell with winter just do a controlled burn and have at it Ha Ha Good luck with your next oven adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Nice recovery, I love old cloths lines for silver.  I managed a few coins and ring today but the heat index of 107 almost killed me. When your finding you really don't notice the heat that much, But when your not it is horrible. The hell with winter just do a controlled burn and have at it Ha Ha Good luck with your next oven adventure.

Thanks! I know it isn't much. I'm pretty sure the clothesline is where the lions' share of the coins will be, I have found coins from 1859-present everywhere around this property. The silvers were a great rush for me, and I even found a Barber nickel (V) next to the house.

Tempted to bring some portable power stuff there but I'd better get permission.

The next few days are going to be worse. 😵

Hope to see what ya got!

• Like 4

I also dug a "ring" today, it was a 25/26, and on some passes a 32.

Turned out to be a copper tubing cutoff, the "ASTM" stamp was a giveaway. 😀20210825_210746.thumb.jpg.cffc0f16a37ecef94d5b8cd0333c0b5c.jpg

20210825_210713.thumb.jpg.8910e0bfe89edddc801a320dec46c831.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I saw a bag of those very similar in Lowes plumbing section! Sharkbite makes them! All copper for crimping poly water lines! Looks like a bag of rings!! 🤣👍👍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The high temps like that I'll start bringing my casting gloves 🙂

So when you going to start prospecting in the NV deserts and cool off? Nice finds!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kac said:

The high temps like that I'll start bringing my casting gloves 🙂

So when you going to start prospecting in the NV deserts and cool off? Nice finds!

Thanks. 🙂 I used to be a lot tougher. It was only 100 with all the "feelies", but it got so I could hardly breathe. Very humid and stagnant. In the middle east it was dry and hot, that was easier. 😀 I was also 30 years younger.

Haha, plenty to do here. I have two other places coming up after harvest. This place will keep me busy for quite some time, as will the fields surrounding it. Can't wait to get back to the relics, but the possibility of silver has my attention. Already got a few!

• Like 3