Apparently this information has been out there for a while as this video is about a month old. Check out this unique coil for the F-75 “…and a new machine we are going to be coming out with.” Of course it struck me later that maybe he could’ve been talking about the Impulse AQ, but you’d think he would’ve made that distinction as it was sitting right there next to the F-75, and has already been released in a LTD capacity. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to New Coil For Ftp

Thanks for the video, I'd missed that one.  The coil reminds me a bit of the Detech butterfly coils.  Interesting thing for Fisher to come out with, and they're doing it for all their main detectors, it was interesting the guy from First Texas called them "legacy" detectors, normally that term would be used when they've been replaced by something else, yet they're still the current models.  I guess he's thinking a bit like I do, even though they're current they're old as all hell.

I also noticed the two guys in the video with the guy testing the new FT coil both have Nox's with the White Nox coils, I wonder what the deal there is, maybe early prototypes as I recall Steve had a White Nox coil.  Still pretty interesting.

It had me a bit excited when they said they were going to talk about a new detector coming out, until I saw it was the Impulse AQ,  it's old news these days 🙂 If it was the Impulse Gold then that'd garner some excitement.

• Like 3

Would be nice if that new coil form factor comes out for the CZ's ... a big, low water drag coil on the CZ-21 would make it more attractive for working the water. As it is now, I think the best compromise for working the water with the CZ is the 8 inch coil. The 10.5 inch coil has too much water drag and for wet sand work (or dry) is just too heavy.

• Like 2

I suspect the Nox coils are simply painted white for better visibility underwater.

The AQ, a new machine, looking to get it out this year? I hope they are talking the improved version, not just more of the same. The AQ Ltd pictured has been out for a long time now. The overselling of the discrimination continues, which may blow back on them. Russ needs to go use the machine if he genuinely thinks it eliminates ferrous. It’s simply not true, and continuing to hype that aspect leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m still interested in the Impulse, but certainly not the current AQ Ltd model pictured, but instead the promised upgraded version with drop in batteries.

If the new coil is for a new detector, it’s not likely a PI but some new VLF model. The long hoped for multi perhaps? Better not be another single frequency at this point, as there is nothing “new” in single frequency.

I’m trying to be optimistic, but FT has let me down too much for me to go out on that limb again. I’ll hang back on the next go round, and let others be the guinea pigs.

All that said, the new coil looks interesting.

• Like 4

I wonder why the shaft isn't centered on the coil. Being light it's probably ok. 

To bad there isn't a waterproof detector to go with the coil.

I'll be getting it for my T2se.

• Like 2

Interesting looking coil........At least it is center mounted. I know the heritage of the 11X7" biaxial DD is very famous, but I have never liked that coil on any FTP detector in the areas that I used it.  I like others, have thoroughly been down the FTP road and their current line of detectors does not offer me anything that is an improvement over what I already have. So, I won't be trying out this coil unless it is a precursor for a new, much more modern detector that will work well in higher mineralization on deep targets.

• Like 1

So,they've come out with a 12" DD coil to replace an 11" DD coil? Wooop-ti-doooo......I didn't see them dig anything deep at all, or, anything tiny either. A Harbor Freight detector would have found the stuff they did. Who hunts the beach with an F75 anyway? You can't get it to work good in the wet sand let alone the water. Just a strange and pointless video.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cudamark said:

So,they've come out with a 12" DD coil to replace an 11" DD coil? Wooop-ti-doooo......I didn't see them dig anything deep at all, or, anything tiny either. A Harbor Freight detector would have found the stuff they did. Who hunts the beach with an F75 anyway? You can't get it to work good in the wet sand let alone the water. Just a strange and pointless video.

A coil with a WIDE HIND END.  How is that going to  pinpoint?