I was wondering that too. When videos showed up with it I thought it was about a month for it to get here. I hope a waterproof detector comes with it lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Detector are one thing, but a coil.... two months later, and nothing? I really wonder what the heck is up with FT. It's like lights are on, but nobody is home.

The only reason I check this forum is for the suspense.  Will the company go down in flames?  What poor decisions will they make next?  They waited too long to come out with new detectors.  They had their chance 15 years ago and blew it.  I don't see how they will ever catch up at this point. The Fisher company was built by detectorists. First Texas was built by greed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like First Texas, they make good quality detectors.  The only problem is they're stuck in the mid 2000's, or even the mid 90's for their best product, the GB2, not much has changed with them in a long time.

They reached their peak in the mid 2000's I guess and it's all downhill from there.  Now they just continue to sell old stock, well I should say try to sell old stock.   I still have my fingers crossed they'll do something, someday.  I doubt they'll go bust as they appear to supply big box stores in the USA entry level kids machines in large numbers and until one of the other brands decides that's the market they want to seriously get into and put some effort into taking that market from them then they're pretty safe.

I am just confused by this coil, why bother getting a few of their promo people and youtube guys to go out and promote it then a few months later still nothing.... the ideal time to launch it was while it was being promoted, and now that's all died off and the focus of everyone will be on these new multi freaker machines by other brands and a new coil for an old machine is now far less exciting than it was then, better putting the coin towards a new machine than a new coil for an old machine.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I discovered a photo of the First Texas Factory, and it appears the lights aren't even on, but certainly nobody is home, looks abandoned, not even a car in the car park.    🙂

1188331098_firsttexasfactory.thumb.jpg.531fe90d0e845ec787b7db5c69a3ee35.jpg

The coils still not out, I asked the guy that did the test videos of it on Youtube in action and he thought it was already for sale, I said nope, nowhere to be found, he seemed rather surprised it never made it to market and just assumed it did.  Looks like he spent all that time doing his marketing videos for nothing.

The other thing I recall it was discussed they were making a lighter version of the 15" monstrosity of a coil, this was quite a while ago now and I've heard nothing more and retailers are still selling the solid concrete 15" coil so it never made it to market either.

• Like 3

I used to be a Fisher/Teknetics fan, owned several of their detectors and made myself use them, even when I knew I had better detectors with more features hanging on the wall. Support USA businesses and all of the other related homeboy sentiments. I have thought about taking a tour of their facilities several times since I drive across Texas often. Maybe after Covid that will still be possible.

Other than my two Teknetics Tek Point pinpointers, I don't own or use any FTP products currently and unless something amazing happens I won't own any of their detectors in the future. My Deus 1 Lite with its selectable frequencies detects just as well and my Equinox.........not even close in the areas I detect.

I wish I had something good to say........Maybe the coil will be released soon. I don't have a detector to use it on though.

I do really like their pulse induction pinpointers and use them daily!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

Well, I discovered a photo of the First Texas Factory, and it appears the lights aren't even on, but certainly nobody is home, looks abandoned, not even a car in the car park.

Any idea what day (and time) the photo was taken?  A Sunday or holiday (we just had a big one...) would explain what's shown.