58 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

That makes the new coil about 335 grams.

Here are some weights that Simon and I measured a while back.  (Note:  all weights include the coil cover weight, except as noted.)

2002699412_Screenshotat2021-12-30120020.png.9ca49591f7e9efc1d17245869e3ad7cd.png

3 ounces (assuming she meant Avoirdupois ounces) is equivalent to 85 grams.  I don't know if she includes the coil cover weight (assuming a coil cover even exists).  The 7"x11" coil cover weighs 50 g.  Assuming the 3 oz difference she quoted as an apples to apples comparison that would mean that, without cover, I'll confirm what Rick N. MI said -- somewhere in the 330 g to 345 g range, depending upon which Fisher/Teknetics/BountyHunter model it's meant for and what is the uncertainty on the difference she quotes.

For the F75, I don't notice considerable imbalance with any of its coils listed above.  The extreme small coil (3.5"x6.5") does exhibit some imbalance but not uncomfortably so, IMO.  My bottom line conclusion is that this new lighter (than stock) coil will balance nicely when outfitted on the F75.  Performance?  TBD....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Everything except when a person can get one, and what it costs. It's bad enough that we get this kind of months or years long teasers over a new detector, but a new coil?

Steve..you are right that apart from the coil, we were waiting for something more .. for example for a new detector ...:wink:👍

On the other hand, I was simply pleased until the end of the old year ... they found more detailed information about the new 12 "DD coil ...

What pleased me is that the new 12"DD coil.. is 100 grams lighter, than the old 11 "DD coil.., and the size itself, which is 9x12" in the coil.., puts it in the category of deep-performing spools - something that Fisher's long years lacked ...

The progressive shape of this coil is interesting in this coil - because the front part has a width of only 7 ", which will help to improve the separation when using the front part of the coil for better separation of the target.

• Like 1

Thank you, more accurate weight than what I found. I found the 7x11 at 420 grams but your weights are more accurate being weighed. 

Still a nice light coil. I hope Teknetic/Fisher does come out with a SMF waterproof detector. Any chance of that!

• Like 1

IMG_3211.thumb.JPG.134b78e0d99a62a0ac1f5c5b49113d67.JPGMy 7x11 "DD coil for Teknetics G2 .... weighs with coil cover and cable 510 grams ..

13 "Ultimate coil for G2 .... with coil cover and cable weighs 556 grams ....
....But another important element is the placement of the coil holder ... which also has a strong effect on the overall balance of the coil on the detector .. when sweeping..also handling the detector.

.And that is really good with Ultimate ...

The new 12 "DD Fisher coil .... has the handle moved more to the center of the coil ... so the overall balance of this new coil compared to the old 11" DD coil  will be much better ... if we add 3 ounces less to it ..

We will deliver a coil that will be excellently handled and detected because the detector will be better balanced and also lighter in weight...

But let's admit one thing ... Fisher's  coil-- of width 9-12 "DD ... what I consider to be a powerful standard coil  today ... has simply been missing for quite a long time ...

• Like 2

I didn't notice that the shaft is closer to being centered on the coil. That a big improvement over the 7x11 coil too. Looks like it will be a good coil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

My 7x11 "DD coil for Teknetics G2 .... weighs with coil cover and cable 510 grams ..

13 "Ultimate coil for G2 .... with coil cover and cable weighs 556 grams ....

Your measurements are sufficiently higher than mine that I'm wondering if you weighed yours with the bolt & nut included (I did not).  (Yes, my and Simon's measurements also include the cable.  😄)  The other explanation is that you Europeans are rougher on coils and the manufacturers compensate by selling you sturdier versions.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Your measurements are sufficiently higher than mine that I'm wondering if you weighed yours with the bolt & nut included (I did not).  (Yes, my and Simon's measurements also include the cable.  😄)  The other explanation is that you Europeans are rougher on coils and the manufacturers compensate by selling you sturdier versions.  :biggrin:

Yes you are right,,,👍:smile:,,,

... it was quite strange for me that the weights of your and my European coils are quite different ...
   America and Australia / New Zeeland.. may be delivering Lite versions of these Coils .😃

That's why I measured it one more time ... and here's the explanation ...:wink:

It is possible that I use slightly older versions of these coils ... ,, even Ultimate is very old ...and at that time heavier epoxy fillings were used to wind the coils. ..it is not a secret from time .. coil technology is improved ,, where new coils add lighter epoxy fillings .. and therefore the individual generations of coils may differ .. and at the same time these coils may also have better thermal-mechanical properties ..👍

An example is the large 15 "Fisher" coil .. which in the latest version weighs significantly less than the old version ..

The New Fisher 12 "DD coil.. is also manufactured using modern technology and is therefore very light in terms of its dimensions.👍

• Like 1

• Like 1