How Many On This Forum Have A Garrett 24k, Or Are Getting One In The Future?

On 8/28/2021 at 5:09 PM, Dances With Doves said:

Does anyone  know if the Garrett  stock coil is epoxy filled?

No, the stock coil is not epoxy filled. As far as a Garrett 6” goes, there is no such thing yet. If Garrett produces one, I doubt it would be epoxy filled. This detector is basically designed for dry land use, with light coils. They are waterproof, but not specifically weighted for underwater use, but for dry land use. However, this is not an impediment with small coils, evidence by the facts that the 6” coil as shipped with the GMX was not epoxy filled either.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, Dances With Doves said:

The Gmx was  only $100 more then the 24k but you got the 6'' coil stock,a 10' waterproof machine,waterproof headphones plus the 4 by 6 coil for free.That was one heck of a deal to me since I wanted the 6'' coil.If  I bought the 24k then the 6'' coil it would have cost more then the GMX and not be waterproof to 10' and I like to water hunt   . The Gmx also came with a adapter wire so you can use other headphones.The  beauty of the 24k seems to be the way it is balanced which is important for nugget  hunting a long periods of time while still being able to handle the rain and a lower initial price with a  good stock coil for hotter ground. 

The White’s 24K was $729, the Garrett 24K is $679, and Garrett has also included a rechargeable battery system, with international and 12V charging options.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Minador said:

Sounds like it is confirmed that the coils and battery holders are compatible with the White's version!  That is great for legacy owners having a source for replacement battery holders and new coil designs.   And for the Garrett owners to be able to try the older White's coils.

Yes, the Garrett 24K and White’s 24K are coil and parts compatible. The 24K battery holder also works with the White’s MX5 and MX7, as will various body and rod parts, ensuring owners of those models will have parts availability in the future, though colors may not match.

whites-search-coils-goldmaster-24k-garrett-compatible.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to How Many On This Forum Have A Garrett 24k, Or Are Getting One In The Future?