How Many On This Forum Have A Garrett 24k, Or Are Getting One In The Future?

Does anyone know if the 6'' Garrett will be epoxy filled since I water hunt?Also how many would like Garrett to make a 4.5 inch sniper coil for it but a thinner version  of it?I heard this coil can get close to  metal poles which would be a plus for the tot lots.I think that finding small gold  jewelry is a  fun challenge. The 6''  coil is not pole  friendly.The 4 by 6 dd coil does much better near the poles.

The Whites 6" wasn't epoxy filled was it? Mine hasn't arrived yet to know.  I'd rather it have the extra weight of having epoxy than be hollow.  It's such a little amount of weight anyway and after using the epoxy filled Snake I can really see the benefits of an epoxy filled small coil.

I wonder if there is a reason White's had that weird air gap at the bottom of their coil? Surely there had to be a reason.  I guess it keeps it off the mineralised ground a bit to make it more stable being such a small sensitive coil.  The Snake has that size covered anyway I guess.

Keep us up to date on how you're going with the Garrett Jeff. 

Simon..the concentric coil is very important..to the winding of the coil itself is at a certain distance from the surface of the mineralized terrain ...
  because when the coil winding is too close to the mineralized surface .. then the VDI target of the low-conducting target passes into the VDI iron zone .. This is especially true if you work with a set discrimination ... and so you can cross such a target ...

If you move the coil to 3 cm or more from the surface of the mineralized terrain. The VDI of the low-conducting target returns to the Color + VDI zone.

on All metal it may not be so visible ,,.....

DD type coil does not have such a problem ....

test  CC and DD coils on mineralized stone... and low conductors...

IMG_20200929_200002.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

The Whites 6" wasn't epoxy filled was it? Mine hasn't arrived yet to know.  I'd rather it have the extra weight of having epoxy than be hollow.  It's such a little amount of weight anyway and after using the epoxy filled Snake I can really see the benefits of an epoxy filled small coil.

I wonder if there is a reason White's had that weird air gap at the bottom of their coil? Surely there had to be a reason.  I guess it keeps it off the mineralised ground a bit to make it more stable being such a small sensitive coil.  The Snake has that size covered anyway I guess.

Keep us up to date on how you're going with the Garrett Jeff. 

The coil floats so it must be hollow.It seems hollow to me.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure Garrett would tell you, if you shoot them an email!

Also, there are some light weight "fillings" with air bubbles, that are now being used to fill some coils, to save weight! Don't know if this is one of them! 👍👍 

18 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I'm sure Garrett would tell you, if you shoot them an email!

Also, there are some light weight "fillings" with air bubbles, that are now being used to fill some coils, to save weight! Don't know if this is one of them! 👍👍 

I can see Garrett not using heavy epoxy to keep the  weight down since  I hear the 24k is balanced nicely and will be used mostly on dry land.The coil is still waterproof so you don't have to  worry about getting it wet  when it  rains or when sticking it in a   shallow creek.The Gmx is heavier but the balance  is not too bad.I think all the Gmx's and 24k's by Whites all sold out but I am not sure.

• Like 1

The Gmx was  only $100 more then the 24k but you got the 6'' coil stock,a 10' waterproof machine,waterproof headphones plus the 4 by 6 coil for free.That was one heck of a deal to me since I wanted the 6'' coil.If  I bought the 24k then the 6'' coil it would have cost more then the GMX and not be waterproof to 10' and I like to water hunt   . The Gmx also came with a adapter wire so you can use other headphones.The  beauty of the 24k seems to be the way it is balanced which is important for nugget  hunting a long periods of time while still being able to handle the rain and a lower initial price with a  good stock coil for hotter ground. 

• Like 1

Sounds like it is confirmed that the coils and battery holders are compatible with the White's version!  That is great for legacy owners having a source for replacement battery holders and new coil designs.   And for the Garrett owners to be able to try the older White's coils.

I'm excited with this new development!  I'm definitely going to get one and I'm happy to see all the extras that come with it!

But as other have said, I would prefer the tan.  It will be my first Garrett detector.  I'm very glad they are bringing this back.  I had thought it sad that it was killed off before its time...

It will be interesting to see if they have more versions in the future with all the improvements they wanted to include and the ideas Tom mentioned a few months ago...

• Like 1