Learning The Eq 800 !

Pinger

Well I been out several times now with the ML-EQ800 and I’ll say this …….. I GIT’N  IT ! , im git’n  it …. That said - I got couple questions. Does this hold true ( first pic ) it seems it is for the most part- I can see now getting use to it that on good clear pings this is right . I haven’t found any gold or silver jewelry yet but SO FAR it seems I bout got the coins down! I’m getting to where I can call them now all except for the nickels . ON EVERY QUARTER AND PENNY I dig I’m waiting for it to be a big nice gold and diamond ring tho ! I’m pretty sure  thats the range  they for the most part fall into . Seems on Park1 between 19 and 25 maybe 28 I’ll get the pennies and quarts ( flat quarters I think may be higher ) ok so what y’all think the question I had goes with the first pick the second pic is yesterday morning’s learning session #2 pic and today’s finds was the same except I had less trash and more quarters and dimes  )

2EF43E45-ADD9-4F3D-9B46-F0B2E9678431.png

271317AB-183D-4C7C-AFBA-7AB686078085.jpeg

• Like 1

You picked a great detector for sure. It looks like you are getting it. That VDI/target chart is a little iffy. I have found smaller gold rings and jewelry as low as +6 and as high as +22 for really big 18K or higher karat rings. So anywhere from small canslaw and foil, through various pull-tabs and US nickels and all the way up to post 1982 zinc pennies and aluminum screw caps (22/23) can possibly be gold jewelry. If you keep digging canslaw and pull tabs that sound good, the possibility of gold is very real. My gold ring to pull tab ratio however is at least 100 pull tabs for every gold ring. 

Park 1 is the best all around hunting mode for starting out on turf/fields and still works great for me after 5000 hours with the Equinox. I also use it for freshwater sites. Park 2 is great for more target separation in thick trash and for good targets that are partially masked by trash.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 6