Small Gold Ring And Ih

good job on the ring Ken, As for the IH I just would have told everyone your dog chewed on it. As for the EYE, You might want to hang onto that in case you have a Dick Cheney moment HaHa   Heat Stroke or bust my friend!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't dinged a coin in a good couple years, glad it wasn't an 1887 or id be pissed :0.

I cleaned up the gold ring a bit and turned out that cruddy patina line is actually a silver center band.

• Like 4

I cleaned mine up and now wear it, Guess I'm now married to who dropped it in the 30's. Hope he was cute or maybe she was big boned. Either way it's the only ring I ever found that fits me.

• Like 4

Same area working my way through I picked up another gold ring, half an IH that was cut a very long time ago and am 1897 v nickel. Included the glorious trash, some the square tabs sound like nickels at depth and dug them because I was pretty much hunting jewelry. Skipped the obvious alum signals.

IMG_1648.JPG

• Like 6

Small update the wedding band was gold plated... cheap @#$%@%!! what kind of person would buy a plated wedding band? So 1 1/2 good finds for the night.

• Haha 5

Darn. I got one in a lake this summer I thought was good and turned out to be plated.

It's weird seeing that IH cut in half. I wonder how it was cut so perfect. Still a neat find.

6 hours ago, kac said:

...The wedding band was gold plated... cheap @#$%@%!! what kind of person would buy a plated wedding band?

I found a copper wedding band in an 1850's house yard.  I was wondering the same thing.  Now, with what you've found, I'm wondering if mine was plated originally and lost that due to decades of ground chemicals.  Silver plate definitely gets eaten away in my ground.  Cheap (i.e. low grade) gold alloy also??

After what you did to that previous IH, the detecting gods decided you only deserve half of one until you can cool your enthusiasm during recovery....

• Like 2

Was cut pretty clean much like the older cut coins but could have been cut by a reel mower.

On 8/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, kac said:

I cleaned up the gold ring a bit and turned out that cruddy patina line is actually a silver center band.

That is usually something that you would find in Europe during WWII, they were trying to save on metals back then.

Grandfather showed me several rings that were like that.

Nice finds for your work, and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Could be from the depression era too. Or they where just cheap @#$%@!

• Haha 2