A Little Deeper, A Little Bigger, My Gpx-6000 Nugget

Nice nugget Gerry and glad that you were able to video it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

The secret to depth is is the amount of of time the signal has been on the target. This means the the lower the frequent the more time the target has to build up the eddy currents. The modern VLF tend to go higher in frequency than the old VLF. My deepest nugget 5 Oz was 19 inches. with an old 7000Hz  VLF detector. The deepest  Specimen was over 2 ft with a GP 3000 but it was 16 Oz in a 3½ Kilo lump of Quartzes.

I Looked at the frequency specification of the GPZ 7000 and the GPX 6000, the 6000 is double that of the 7000. So if you want depth the 7000, but depth is only part of the requirement to finding gold both size and easy finds. 

• Like 3

On 8/28/2021 at 5:55 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

The depth of the hole was approx 8" deep, maybe 10", but it was not the 12" I had said in the video as I thought a water bottle was 12" and afterwards my tape showed it to be 8". 

Hi Gerry, Nice find & one of the better pieces at a bit of depth I have seen with the 6000. I have not seen the video but it looks like the 11" coil in your photo.

I have seen a lot of your great finds over the years & I have noticed that your assumptions of depth are usually quite a bit off. Mostly stating the depth as being quite a bit deeper than it actually is. I am very surprised that a guy of your age & experience in doing what you do doesn't have a better eye for depth & size. How could you see an 8" water bottle as being 12"? You must deal with heaps of different size coils on almost a daily bases that the sizes must be ingrained in your subconscious.  

Waiting for a monster nugget from you at depth with the 6k & 17" coil. What are the chances? Thanks 🙂

When I was a kid I used to keep a few lead pellets for my pellet gun in my mouth while hunting so they would be handy for the next shot...I'm sure they had a lasting effect on my brain as I seem to over estimate things like how big the fish I caught was etc...I can only imagine what gold does to ones brain...12 is only 4 away from 8 and thats close enough for me. 

strick 

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1