Too Hot To Get Hosed, But...

What a brutal day. The "feely" temperature was 105, but it was wicked humid (I live between two rivers) and there was no wind in the morning. By noon there was a little wind, so I decided to hit the farmhouse. Brought my lopper and a battery hedge trimmer to cut the brush under the clothesline, I was kind of stoked.

Working under the clothesline was tough at best. There was no breeze there and it was right out in the sun after I cleared it. Couldn't really cut the brush too low, but it didn't matter. There wasn't anything there. 😵 I'll check it again after a good rain, but nothing but a weak 14/15 well over a foot deep. Just couldn't dig anymore. I did see the outhouse though... 😀 It would require more clearing to get to it.

Anyway, I spent the rest of my time between breaks at my truck for AC and water under the trees, I did manage to dig two memorials, a 1976 and a 1978, a small aluminum heart shape that says "start knitting here", and the relic of the day, an old hose end nozzle in great shape. It says "Franklin Made in USA" on it. After all this time it still works. It was about 4" under the ivy and roots, and was a 21/22. There are two really old trees in front of the house that have roots everywhere so digging is tough, not to mention the carpet of English Ivy.

I guess something was better than nothing. 😀20210827_170759.thumb.jpg.479ac021e306d578508bea6af43e3c48.jpg

Didn't dug too much trash but did want to remove stuff that might mask other stuff.20210827_164359.thumb.jpg.1a8b35d879c94a2fa3e2433bccb63bac.jpg

Think I'll wait until things cool down a bit.

• Like 5