The Tarsacci Can Stand Alone

We all know that if you put the Tarsacci down on the ground with the coil flat it’s not going to fall over. I don’t know if you notice when you do put it down right below the hand grip can hit the ground.

We spend lots on our detectors and I like protecting my investment. I’ve made other stands for other detectors I have so why not my Tarsacci.

The best material for them is 1/2” Hot Water PVC pipe. 
 Here’s what you going to need.

One PVC T

4-45 degree joints  

3 -end caps 

About 6” of 1/2” PVC

Just remember everything is 1/2”

You will need cleaner and glue. I always use the clear glue.

I didn’t want the stand too wide so I cut off about 3/16 off each side of the T and the same on two of the 45’s. I done this so to narrow the stand so not to hit you when swinging.

I hope all the pictures will help if you wish to make one. The black paint is the type that will stick to any surface.

Chuck 

ED2A3F30-DF9D-4829-9441-BA96F3E8FF7F.jpeg

3C55C150-C14B-46F6-9408-FE1B4EA21B4C.jpeg

D1180C4E-340E-4149-95AE-43491CF934E9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Hi Locator  
I’m hoping it won’t be too long down the road we’ll have a small coil to go with our Tarsacci and this is where a stand will come in handy keeping it upright. Even now it will keep that beautiful carbon fiber out of the dirt.

Chuck 

8 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Hi Locator  
I’m hoping it won’t be too long down the road we’ll have a small coil to go with our Tarsacci and this is where a stand will come in handy keeping it upright. Even now it will keep that beautiful carbon fiber out of the dirt.

Chuck 

Based on when the Beast coil came out with respect to the original Tarsacci should only be about 2 or 3 more years before we see another accessory coil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chuck,

Do you just have the Beast coil or both the original and beast?

I ask because that original coil form factor 9x11 is not a bad option given the alternative is nothing.  I like smaller coils too, but pretty pleased with the original Tarsacci coil for picking out keepers amongst the junk.  Pretty good small target sensitivity.

Chase

• Thanks 1

Chase  

I been told that in the not to distant future we will be able to buy a lower shaft as a single item. When the heavens open and a lower shaft falls out I will buy said coil. I just like my extra coils already mounted when the need calls.

Chuck 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase  

I been told that in the not to distant future we will be able to buy a lower shaft as a single item. When the heavens open and a lower shaft falls out I will buy said coil. I just like my extra coils already mounted when the need calls.

Chuck 

According to the post linked below, Steveg of Steve's Detector Rods should have Tarsacci lower rods available now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys; I hadn't seen this post.

I now offer two-piece lower shafts, for the Tarsacci...the middle shaft connects directly to your Tarsacci upper, while the middle and lower two sections are connected by one of my own cam locks -- the same ones I use on my other shafts, and very similar to the Tarsacci cam lock.  Advantages of my shaft include both sections being smaller in diameter than the stock shaft (and thus less hydrodynamic drag in the water), and also that I can build the shaft to custom lengths -- including extra length, if necessary.  

I am also in the very early stages of being a Tarsacci dealer, and so if you are interested in buying an MDT-8000, and would like to work with me on the sale, please contact me...

THANKS!

Steve

email:  steve@stevesdetectorrods.com

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

• Like 1