Video Of Live Dig - Raw Action And Emotions With The Old Heavy Minelab Gpz-7000

That was a very unusual piece of gold. Good to see the GPZ showing its grunt & raw power & depth. I am hoping the 17" coil on the 6000 can do similar, if there is any left at depth that previous machines & coils haven't already got. My experience so far with the 6000 it seems there aren't any bigger deeper ones left in my neck of the woods. That is with the 11" coil but I am waiting for a 17"  hoping I am wrong. Here is hoping. Wicked find that one Gerry. What has happened to it? Has to be a keeper for sure.

Greg from NZ

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, strick said:

Did you guys ever come up with a name for it? That was impressive depth..

strick

When stood up it looks like "Lady in a golden robe" and that's what he calls her.

1ATrav2.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Sheppo said:

That is one of the most odd shaped nuggets I think I’ve seen. Can anyone explain how it would end up that shape?

I'm not a geologist so I'll allow anyone with more knowledge than I to post an answer.  

I've been digging gold nuggets for 20_ years with a metal detector and never seem anything like it.

I have found some nice leaf gold, but much smaller in size.

Nice Nug 003.JPG

2 hours ago, dig4gold said:

That was a very unusual piece of gold. Good to see the GPZ showing its grunt & raw power & depth. I am hoping the 17" coil on the 6000 can do similar, if there is any left at depth that previous machines & coils haven't already got. My experience so far with the 6000 it seems there aren't any bigger deeper ones left in my neck of the woods. That is with the 11" coil but I am waiting for a 17"  hoping I am wrong. Here is hoping. Wicked find that one Gerry. What has happened to it? Has to be a keeper for sure.

Greg from NZ

I think it might show up at a gold show this next winter and or an auction house of fine gold specimens.  It's the biggest leaf gold piece I have ever seen.

The GPX-6000 will get bigger and deeper gold, we just have to quit going behind all the other older detectors as they don't miss big gold.  Good luck.

• Like 2