Looks like LIDAR is NOT free yet or very available. One website wants like $18,000 for a custom LIDAR Map, payable via

Paypal....OUCH?

• Like 1

I had a friend that use to work for some geological services company. He showed me lidar data before. That is some cool imagery. You can really see old water ditches that went to old diggings and pockets that were dug up. Alot of this stuff is covered in thick brush now. But lidar picks it up. Very expensive stuff. I wish it was free

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By walkerrj
      Thinking of downloading the Gaia GPS App to my iPhone.  Wondering if anyone has experience with this App?  Thanks for any input.
    • By GotAU?
      Hello, I am using an iPad as a topo map when I’m out in the field, and also GoogleEarth, and have already downloaded the BLM’s active and inactive gold mine and prospects KML database for Google Earth and was wondering if anyone has found a good source for downloading BLM and/or National Forest KML files? I only seem to have found some local ones for Alaska on the BLM map server website, but nothing for any of the lower Western states. Thanks!
    • By Rick Kempf
      This looks interesting. An app for Android devices for tracking your detecting and recording finds. The possibilities for prospecting are really huge.
      Here's a post regarding the app.
      Link deleted since Findmall update broke all old links
      Here's a link to the Android Play Store for the app.
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotraklite
      The IOS version is a Kickstarter Project and I went ahead and pledged $5 hoping he gets it done - cause I don't have an Android phone.
    • By KD0CAC
      I use to mine in No. CA in the 80s & 90s and used topographical maps back then with lots of details , fire & logging road etc.
      Any suggestions , I would like to check display & available details ?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      This is pretty neat stuff, and I think the applications for prospectors and relic hunters are obvious...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140103-new-england-archaeology-lidar-science/
    • By fredmason
      another ---- question from me...
      Is there a "easy" way to move my google earth account from my old computer to my new computer.  I would like to keep the waypoints I have...just because I like them...
      remember, small words and simple directions for fred...
      thanks
      fred