My New Garrett 24k Initial Impressions And Quick Tests

phrunt

Phrunt:

Thanks for a very nice introductory and first impressions writeup.  I am pleased to learn of the quality they have built into the 24k.  And I wish you the very best of success on your first hunt with your new "toy".  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

hopefully I can go find some nuggets with the 24k soon

Simon,

With your experience on the other detectors that you own I believe that we will soon see some gold from you this weekend.

Great first impression write up as only you can do with the videos.

Give it a try at your old fields for some deep coins to see how they do there also.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent write up phrunt...👍

• Thanks 1

No, I don't have the 6" coil yet, this is the 6x10" stock coil, although it's very sensitive for the size of it.  It's very light so it's not epoxy filled but it's certainly not knock sensitive.  I really like it. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

No, I don't have the 6" coil yet, this is the 6x10" stock coil, although it's very sensitive for the size of it.  It's very light so it's not epoxy filled but it's certainly not knock sensitive.  I really like it. 

The 6'' coil is about 6.5 ''  so to me it's a big little coil since I consider a small coil to be under 7''. It will make  your 5'' gold bug pro coil seem very small compared to it.A 3'' by 6 concentric coil would be amazing for really small gold in good ground if somebody would make it and would get between the rocks nicely. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately for me my attempt to get a skid plate for my 10x6" coil and the 6" concentric coil has failed miserably, A dealer in Brisbane Australia had one of each left over in stock and agreed to send to me in NZ, it was shipped and Australian customs decided that the Whites coil and 2 skid plates are dangerous goods and has rejected the parcel, I hope that doesn't mean they destroy it 😞

Looks like I won't be getting the 6" Concentric, or even a skid plate for my 10x6".  It's getting scratched up already without one so I'm going to have to improvise and make something to protect it as in my rocky areas it won't last long without a cover.

952259783_customsrejection.jpg.0ca24d521ee9520a6291ee86b5121e42.jpg

I don't know what they could possibly think is dangerous about a detector coil, do they think it's frisbee that you throw at people and pull it back with it's cord so you can throw it again and again.....  It didn't even get a chance to leave Australia.

Out of frustration I've also ordered a 24k 6" Concentric from Serious Detecting in the US, so if the Aussies can somehow solve the other problem I'll have two of them.   That's not such a bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 2