My New Garrett 24k Initial Impressions And Quick Tests

phrunt

Whites' 6 "concentric coil has an actual size of 6.5" -6-6 "so this coil is visibly larger than a 6" coil from Equinox ...

I expect this coil to be very sensitive to small gold ... because concentric coils can maintain this sensitivity with increasing coil size ... significantly better than DD coils ...

This 6.5 "GMT coil should have an excellent ratio between sensitivity and range for very small targets .... and the size of this coil is still quite compact.

Simon .. I'm very curious about your GMT testing with different coils in your New Zealand terrain ... and I wish you nice and productive gold prospecting in these areas....👍:smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 12:41 AM, Dances With Doves said:

The Gmx 6'' coil is black and is the standard coil  for that  machine so that is probably why  it is black since  that is   the coil  it was made for. 

Simon has the 6” for the White’s 24K, which is white. You are correct, the same coil for the GMX is black, with a yellow label. Very hard to find a good photo of one by the way. For others who do not know, both coils will work on the Garrett 24K, as will the 4x6 DD for the GMX, also black with yellow label. I have never seen a 4x6 made in white for the 24K.

The new Garrett 6x10 DD coil is black, while the original White's version was white.

AFA5BE92-B6C8-48B9-A3DD-D255D980021D.jpeg
6” concentric for White’s GMX Sport - compatible with 24K models

whites-search-coils-goldmaster-24k-garrett-compatible.jpg

6x10-dd-search-coil-garrett-goldmaster-24k.jpg
Garrett 6" x 10" DD coil for Goldmaster 24K

• Like 5

I have no idea what coils Garrett will be producing for the 24K, though I lobbied hard for a small concentric. They understand coils are key to the machine, so we will see. In any case, when Simon mentioned Serious had the 6" concentric in stock at a good price, I immediately ordered one, and turns out I got their last one. I'm hoping Garrett will make their own version, but this was cheap insurance to make sure I got one. Bird in the hand and all that. :smile:

I'd like to get this setup to a few tot lots soon. The 24K is a great machine for hunting small jewelry, and so I'll go clean all the small aluminum out of a few locations, and see what happens.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Simon!

garrett-goldmaster-24k-6-inch-concentric-coil.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Once mounted, it is difficult to remove the 6" concentric from the GMX, it is simply that good.  Some images of the coil mounted on the GMX and other images for comparison. I'm very pleased Garrett has continued with the 24k,  worthy of a second chance.

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

IMG_2074 (2).JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

To top this story off the 6" Concentric coil and coil cover I ordered from the USA never arrived, it passed the Ebay delivery date whereby buyer protection starts to run out so I contacted Ebay and said it never arrived, they did their checks with USPS and refunded me the money, so it's Ebay and Ebays Pitney Bowes shipping company that loses out, not the dealer in the US as they were only responsible for getting it to Pitney Bowes and they did that, then Pitney Bowes is responsible for getting it to me.  The things I go through to try buy products that for others are easily accessible... 🙂   In a way it's a good thing as I ended up not needing it anyway after buying one from Australia, I only bought the US one as I thought the Australian one was never going to arrive which I explained earlier in this thread What a nightmare this process has turned into. 

Shipping with any courier other than DHL is terrible at the moment with Covid going on for parcels to New Zealand.  With DHL I would have had either coil order in around a week at the most.

Who knows, maybe the coil and cover will arrive in 3 or so months like happened with the Sampson T Handle I had shipped from the US, it was considered lost and over 3 months later arrived at my door but it's tracking showed it made it to Australia then went back to the USA and a couple of months passed and then it's tracking number came alive again and eventually arrived in NZ 🙂

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 2

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update .... Today I got a call from a Garrett dealer .......and  Garrett Goldmaster 24K is ready to send to me,

So it means ... that Goldmastery 24K will already be available in EUROPE ..

Garrett Goldmaster 24K comes with a standard coil 6X10 DD .. which seems versatile enough to cover several detection situations ..

I think that in 1-2 days I will be able to say something more about Goldmaster 24K ...in detecting ... and test it in the field ..👍

• Like 3

I look forward to your evaluation. I really like mine. 

• Like 1

For a review of the original coil offerings from White's Electronics for the 24k, check out Rob Johnson's "Spud Digger" YouTube channel video entitled "White's GMX and 24k - ALL 4 coils tested." I still have one 14x8 left in stock. See Classifieds. HH Jim

• Like 3