GPX 6000 Running A 15x10" X-coil

phrunt

22 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

Here we go again 😂!!!

This thred is not meant to be fiasco...it is simply outlying other options that some people may want to take advantage of... 

strick 

• Like 4

I doubt it would be such a drama this time around, most people know the positives and negatives now and it's sorted itself out over time.   Those that want to use them will, and I'd suspect most of those initially would be the same people that use them on their GPZ's 🙂

• Like 6

Simon,

Would this be a further nail in the 7000 coffin or will it make the 6000 and the 7000 'similar' so you just get an Xcoil for what you already have?

What I mean is ... what is better ... 7000 with Xcoil or 6000 with Xcoil?

All I know now is my 7000 with 8" coil will win hands down in an area the 6000's 11" coil is too big to hit the soil due rocks or whatever, so having different size coils can turn a loser into a winner regardless. 🙂

Let's not forget the 7000 has concentric coils!

• Like 4

Yeah let's keep this positive, tis about what gets the Gold for users who like to tinker, the spice of life  for some but not so for others. Simply maybe another separate thread for negative views.

Wonder will that DD 6K chip be suitable for a X coil concentric on the 6K, as stated in a previous thread my 14DDs available for such.

• Like 4

Wow you guys are in a  different zone then I am with my Minelab 4500 and old coils, almost feel like gpx users are being left behind to these new tech machines...and coils like the X-Coil. 🤔. May have to get the Evo coil and so I can get closer to that curve. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• The topic was locked