Norvic 17 Inch Gpx6000 Coil First Impressions

Norvic

43 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Where are the big deep nuggets you have found with the 17"? 😉😊

Hardly big they were subgrammers, where did you get the big assumption from .............. but to answer your question they are no longer in the ground.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good report Vic, the GPX17 sure is a sweet spot coil for the 6000 and once I get another one will spend the bulk of its the time on my unit, a GPZ bungee and wrap, Hipstick and Guide arm really do balance it out well in grassy areas or when you’re wanting to cover a lot of ground, especially if your a broken wing’d oldish fat fart like me. 😂 

Another one you ask? 🤔 Yes I let myself get conned/pleaded out of my GPX17 coil by a VERY good customer and then when the replacements came in I got conned/pretty pleased again 😢, and now they are as rare as rocking horse poo here in Australia so it’s back to the 7000 for me and limiting my hours swinging before my arm gets sore.😞 Argh the joys of owning a detector shop and getting on too friendly a terms with your customers. 😤 🤷 😏 🥺 😄

Onwards and upwards, I’ll just have to come on here and read how Vic is doing with his while I wait for more stock. 😢 

JP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Aye, as we age fitness becomes even more important in this mad game even the most important asset as the customer is to business. Ah JP bear your aches and pains as badges of age it helps dull them, now I'm back on the hip stick, guide arm etc, back to 4/5 hour days, was fun swinging that lightweight 11" mono nearly got back to the daylight to dark days of memory.

Crazy bloody game but there's another bigun out there, even another patch, that GoG drives us and we wouldn't have it any other way.

It was said many ML detectors back last century, what is ML going to come up with next? come on JP a wee hint we won't tell em you told us.😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Norvic said:

It was said many ML detectors back last century, what is ML going to come up with next? come on JP a wee hint we won't tell em you told us.😉

Hang in there Vic, its always exciting looking forward into a crystal ball with Minelab. 😊 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Another one you ask? 🤔 Yes I let myself get conned/pleaded out of my GPX17 coil by a VERY good customer and then when the replacements came in I got conned/pretty pleased again 😢

Maybe Norvic, the good bugger, could loan you his one😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Maybe Norvic, the good bugger, could loan you his one😂

Nah DFG, I`m a selfish bugger but X coil will send JP one now they know MLs struggling to supply him.😁 Nah Nah JP put down the axe I`m just havin fun............. gotta go the 17s vibrating with excitement..........

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

then when the replacements came in I got conned/pretty pleased again

There was no con, but there was a pretty please  🙏 😂

A 17” coil arrived on Monday from JP.  Been out 2 evenings so far.  More targets but no gold.  Not able to move very far from home yet though.  

Not as heavy as what I thought it would be, very sensitive, no knock issues.  Might be a strange comment but it seems to glide across the ground easier than the 11” and 14”.  First time I’ve had an elliptical coil - maybe they all swing a little better than rounds?  

Ground coverage is fantastic.  

This coil was bought specifically for WA but that’s on hold at present.  Will still be useful for Vic in the right places.  

Thanks JP  👍

• Like 3

I actually happen to like the 14DD as well. Great in salt mode and extremely useful for my hunting grounds. But then I love my 17 as well, just as much as the 11. Ok, a small eliptical would be nice in addition, but the existing 3 coils cover most of my needs. Let's see what Coiltek comes up with. However, despite my overwhelming joy with the 6000, in particualr with the 17, my Z-NF comes with me wherever I go 😉

• Like 2