Anyone Know The Pot Values For The Tejon Control Panel?

kac

Pots worn out on my Tejon and I have the info for the ground balance pot but not on the others.

Threshold and I believe 2nd disc are the same

Sensitivity, primary disc and VCO/Tone might be the same

I can't get a good reading on them as they are worn out and still soldered in so any info would be a huge help.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thinking Sven has the answer. Or you can send it in for warranty Ha Ha Ha

• Like 1

Should I skip the return postage? Wonder if it would get forwarded to Mario? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not an electronics expert by any means.  I do know that the simple variable resistor ('potentiometer' or 'pot') has three leads.  Call them 1, 2, 3.  Turning the knob increases one of the variable resistance pairs -- 1-2 while decreasing the other -- 2-3.  But the resistance between the other two leads -- 1-3 is fixed, and in fact is the maximum resistance value that either of the variable pairs can acquire.  So...

Measure the resistance between the leads.  Unless the resistive wire inside the pot is broken, the highest value you measure is the pot's resistance spec.

• Like 3

Tejon

3 3/4 turn 50K, which Tesoro uses are----

Very hard to find!!! You may come across the 100K with the help of a resistor you can change the value to 50K.

2.jpg

• Like 3

The 3 3/4 gb pot is from bournes and seem to be in stock from Mouser. Big thanks to Flydog for the lead.

VCO pot is a 5 pole similar to the sensitivity pot where it has an on/off.

I'll pull some and double check. Rick suggested just turning the pot to match but the values skip and are not the same over the span so my guess is the wipers are just worn out.

Thanks all

• Like 1

Small pots are B100k 3/4 turn half inch round shaft. On/Off pots are 5 pole others are 3.

So I cleaned the ones that were giving me trouble and they seem to be working good, both discriminations break exactly the same now but I think I have another issue.

Dimes come in really high and break beyond screw cap mark and cannot disc out a quarter. Zincolns break where dimes used to. Almost seems like the machine is running at a higher frequency as from the iron point and higher it all shifts up. Nickels break at the high side of the line where they used to be dead center.

Possible for that to happen? Maybe something is dying on the board? Possible to adjust that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kac said:

...But I think I have another issue.

Is it possible you bumped some calibration adjustment controls?  Did you verify that the pots you cleaned were subsequently giving the proper range of resistance values?