Let’s Start A Rumor

Dancer  

You must have me confused with someone else due to the fact I don’t remember claiming knowledge above anyone else on the Tarsacci.

In my soil condition around here in what little I’ve used the Tarsacci because of high trash it will sit in a corner in a room alone.

I didn’t buy the Tarsacci to hunt around where I live but along the Texas coast line that is somewhat long . Why I haven’t been is I don’t find any trees along that coast to hunt under. The temperature has been running above 90 for a long time and I’m sure that will continue for some while.

I never realized asking for a smaller coil would get some upset being it’s none of their business what I ask for. I’m sure if I do get what I wish for I’ll be using the Tarsacci more than I’m doing now.

I thank you for your reply in dark print. I have to admit it makes it for easy reading.

The Best!

Chuck 

Hey Chuck,

We all are definitely not going to agree 100% on the myriad amount of subjects on this forum; or any other for that matter! The majority of us get that! We have some strong personalities on the forum, and some with "thin skin", that may not be familiar with "crew" dynamics,  and what comes with that!! That's fine too! Those idiosyncrasies take some time to get to know! Especially when the majority of us only know each other, by what we post!

But to me, and alot of other's here, it's the latitude that Steve let's us have on his forum, that makes it different than many out there! Notice i didn't say better, because this is just one man's opinion! Although, I think so!

I only begrudgingly started to hit other forums, when this one was down for weeks, and i wasn't sure if it was coming back!!😔  I guess it all depends what one is looking to get out of a particular forum! There are other good ones out there, no doubt!!

After working in a tight crew format for 30 years, retirement can be a mental and social desert! I miss the commerodery, and interaction of a bunch of "like minded" people! Steve's forum is as close as I've come to that since retirement! And much of that comes from Steve letting us be ourselves; with certain "needed" guidelines in place! 

Some of the other forums, I noticed, don't want to let anyone joke around, or have an inside "laugh" here or there! That's fine for them, but many of us don't want to act like robots, spitting out information and experiences, without a little self expression!!

Steve has no problem giving anybody a slap, or more, if they get out of line! But I think there is just the right amount of tolerance here, to make this an attractive forum to hang out, and participate! I know it is for me!!

Ok, enough with all this "mushy" stuff!!😂 Let's get back to work finding the goodies!! And helping others do the same!!🍀👍👍 

Joe D

You are right!

This is a great forum and I really don’t want to do anything to disrupt it .

If at anytime I’ve said something to hurt someone’s feelings I apologize here and now.

The Best To All!

Chuck 

• Like 1

That was an "everybody" post, not focused on you Chuck!!😁👍 I'm sure I'm guilty of a few "stepped on toes" in my time here! Not intentional!! I try and not take this stuff too seriously! And laughter, while learning, has always proven to be the best way to deny boredom, and complacency!! And live a longer life!! So I've learned, through many highly technical, and physically demanding courses, unrelated to detecting, that this still holds true, even here!!

No hurt feelings here buddy; you got to be you! Don't stop!! Your one of my favorites!! Anyone who can dish it out, as well as take it, is OK in my book! And I mean that in the best "all in fun" way, and not in an "abusive" way, of course!!🤣👍👍