Peg & Pup’s Beautiful Late Summer Day

IdahoPeg

57 minutes ago, strick said:

Now thats living right there...we got sirens blaring by the frontage road 5 times a day it seems.. our dogs need to meet sometime lol 

strick

Sorry about stuff you folks are dealing with, Strick. Yep, your pup sure is a cutie too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IdahoPeg said:

Sorry about stuff you folks are dealing with, Strick. Yep, your pup sure is a cutie too!

I live in suburbia no where near the fires...but we get a lot of smoke...there are mostly brush fires in my area...Klunker is in the brunt of it where he lives...the sirens are year around here regular stuff. Thanks for sharing your adventures for us arm chair prospectors. 

strick 

• Like 2

Peg,

What can I say, nice hunt, nice pictures, nice hunt, and nice weather.

Great job and keep it up before the weather changes.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Dang, is it September already? I didn’t even work my little Claim this season! All the easy gold has been gone for a couple years now, and since  I’m looking at a Hip Replacement in the near future (old car wreck injury), it wasn’t worth the flare ups that come from hauling rocks, swinging a pick, and shoveling to get at the remaining gold. So I’ve focused on fitness and biking the hills this summer, with a couple fun detecting trips to Nv to keep me in the game….but the next trip isn’t for a couple weeks and I need a Gold Fix! So I decided that after my early morning walk, it would be time to go play with the Gold Monster😊

It was a brisk start to the day! My hummingbird feeder was starting to freeze; most have left, but I leave it out for the stragglers. While on my walk and planning where I’d go with the Monster, I couldn’t help but admire the beautiful sunrise….unfortunately due to the awful California wildfires😥. Then I saw the neighborhood Mama Moose….her Baby was with her, but I didn’t catch the young one in the pic. I sure do love my morning walks up here!

0853B449-B849-40D3-A1F4-9BB8591B93C1.thumb.jpeg.68e3d010b49afc2acfe81c4b17a6e1bb.jpeg
A302AEC9-4B94-45DE-94CE-A294FB382814.thumb.jpeg.44973ed8d6daba7917cb30990544f087.jpeg4F1D8ED2-E86D-4AFC-B47F-C35529792BDD.thumb.jpeg.cdb7cde227a77abcb74f626800ab94ac.jpeg

Once it warmed up a bit, the Pup and I headed out in the side x side to an area I’ve hit quite a bit before with the Monster, but I was sure it could squeak out a couple more. Lila, of course, wanted to drive😄8ABC4D90-6632-4D68-9F14-F38AA8F0658F.thumb.jpeg.35e9cb5d4ae3e5af206440b5ceda132e.jpeg

I worked real slow, and sure enough, was able to find some little bits. And LITTLE being the key word here…check out this tiny speck. Unbelievable that a detector can pick this up! 
A2A2F446-9044-4B64-AFCF-47C0B7F964CE.thumb.jpeg.d99b7f3cd1d1887aa6179f896916f075.jpeg

Here’s one of the larger bits found…can actually pose it on the detector lol!

6877D2B1-8312-4FE8-8357-6400C380931D.thumb.jpeg.18897d4e29c42c7330ae9d071620781c.jpeg

All the while, my little Pup was protecting me from the chipmunks scurrying amongst the Old Timer’s rock piles…what a cutie 🥰 

CEA4B392-9E56-4856-A2B3-C2CB8239AFF7.thumb.jpeg.d289671e3c9abe0978f9c53a5fc6fb3b.jpeg

We spent several hours enjoying the late summer sun, the gentle babbling of the nearby creek, the breeze in the pines, and the solitude and contentment only Nature can bring. And I ended up with enough bits to actually weigh…what a great day!👍😊

E57531CE-004A-415F-A4AB-8CA8235D7B37.thumb.jpeg.72ea3453ca3840295b43d69c3d83d17d.jpeg

OOH, I see what you're doing Peg, you take Lila out there and she sniffs out all the gold and then you pretend to find it with the Gold Monster....I bet you make her dig the gold up and then lick it clean so you can take photos of them as well !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/3/2021 at 8:03 AM, IdahoPeg said:

I’m looking at a Hip Replacement in the near future

I and my wife were in Alaska in May and her left hip was really bothering her and she was having a hard time walking. I told her when we got back home she needed to see a doctor. They gave her shot in her hip and that only lasted a few days and the pain was getting worse, so she had a hip replacement two weeks ago, so now she's on the mend. We haven't been able to do any detecting of any kind the whole summer, but hopefully in a few weeks we might get some nugget hunting trips before the weather sets in high country.

Great story, photos and gold! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

I and my wife were in Alaska in May and her left hip was really bothering her and she was having a hard time walking. I told her when we got back home she needed to see a doctor. They gave her shot in her hip and that only lasted a few days and the pain was getting worse, so she had a hip replacement two weeks ago, so now she's on the mend. We haven't been able to do any detecting of any kind the whole summer, but hopefully in a few weeks we might get some nugget hunting trips before the weather sets in high country.

Great story, photos and gold! Thanks for sharing.

Hope your wife has a speedy recovery! Do you know if she had the minimally invasive anterior approach? I’m researching lots before I decide who&what&where on my hip…don’t want no old lady hip!😆

• Like 1

Wonderful update Peg. I always enjoy your summer round-up postings. Beautiful area. Lila is a great companion, and the gold is always fun and rewarding. Best wishes with your hip. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

Hope your wife has a speedy recovery! Do you know if she had the minimally invasive anterior approach?

Yes she is doing well. She had the minimally invasive anterior surgery procedure done. The doctor that did the procedure says that is his preferred way of doing a hip replacement because he does not have to disturb the muscles that hold the hip’s ball and socket in place, there is less risk of the hip dislocating post-surgery. The surgery was about forty minutes long and they had her up and walking in three hours. She had to stay overnight even though they consider it a out patient procedure. She did rent a machine for two weeks (even though insurance didn't cover it) called a "NICE" machine and it helps with the healing and recover process. The machine provides ice and compression therapy via a wrap around the hip and thigh area. The doctor said her hip was bone on bone and in pretty bad shape. She now is walking around fine and she goes to her first follow-up visit this Thursday. Doctor says the normal rehab is about six weeks.

Here is the website of the doctor that did the surgery and it has a lot of good information:

https://coloradohipkneedoc.com/?utm_source=GMBSocialClimb&utm_medium=Dr.TylerR.Bron,MD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy it went well for her Glenn, and thanks for the procedure breakdown and additional info! You never know who this my help down the road!! (besides Peg!)😁

Prayers for your wife's speedy recovery!!🙏👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1