Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ?

Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ? Name the Model and what made you come to this conviction in a post, if you want. (you know we love stories and pictures)

• AKA
    • Bounty Hunter
    • Compass
    • C. Scope
    • Deeptech
    • Fisher m-scope
    • Garrett
    • Jetco
    • JW Fisher
    • Minelab
    • misc (another manufacturer as there are only 20 choices allowed, sry)
    • Nautilus
    • Nexus
    • Nokta / Makro
    • Tesoro
    • Treasure Baron
    • QED
    • White's
    • Wilson
    • XP

Minelab Excalibur. Been Very Blessed that I have connected with this machine which has netted me over 100 grand in Gold in 8 years. The added benefit has been health wise, lots of walking and fresh air.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

For recent history it is Minelab all the way. From the E Trac to the CTX 3030, but the bar raised substantially by the GPX 5000. Whether it's relic hunting or beach hunting, the 5000 has made detecting fun again. Only real drawback is it's weight. The sheer number of old coins and relics it's found in the last 5+ years is way more than I would have found with my old machines. Now, past history has to go to Whites electronics. They fueled me from the late 60's through the 90's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I started with old analog White's machines in the 80s, but didn't find a whole lot with them. It wasn't until I got a Spectum XLT that I really started finding a lot of good stuff, so I guess that machine will always hold a special place in my heart. Having said that, I think I've had the most recent success with FBS machines. First the Etrac, now the CTX. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Minelab Excalibur. Been Very Blessed that I have connected with this machine which has netted me over 100 grand in Gold in 8 years. The added benefit has been health wise, lots of walking and fresh air.

Sending this to the IRS 🤣

• Haha 4

A guy can't have just one, right? Very situational for me. So, to make it brief, of all of the machines/brands that I've owned over the years I've narrowed it down to four which are the ones I still have.Three are ML and a Deus....a GPX 4500 has netted me the most gold, the 6000 just hasn't had the time on it yet though I'm confident it will surpass the 4500, the E-trac the most coins ( non trashy yard and park hunting), the Deus has accounted for the most coins and relics in trashy areas. Garret was/is the least impressive of all for me. Nok/Mak was good but the shine wore off fast for me. I've easily owned and enjoyed more ML machines than any other brands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nokta (before the Makro merger) without a doubt.

The Makro Racer 2 with the 4.5"x5" coil was great in trash, but the Nokta Impact running at 20kHz with the 7.5"x4" coil is a laser in the thickest junk.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bado1 said:

A guy can't have just one, right? Very situational for me. So, to make it brief, of all of the machines/brands that I've owned over the years I've narrowed it down to four which are the ones I still have.Three are ML and a Deus....a GPX 4500 has netted me the most gold, the 6000 just hasn't had the time on it yet though I'm confident it will surpass the 4500, the E-trac the most coins ( non trashy yard and park hunting), the Deus has accounted for the most coins and relics in trashy areas. Garret was/is the least impressive of all for me. Nok/Mak was good but the shine wore off fast for me. I've easily owned and enjoyed more ML machines than any other brands.

Hi. Right now that you broke it down to four it should be easy to say which one is the most fun to use and dig good finds.😊😉

• Like 2

I would have to split my vote in two, one for when i was a kid and one for when i was an adult.  My White's Coinmaster III TR, which me and my mom bought together back in 1972, was super fun.  Nobody back then metal detected.  We hunted together, I swung and she dug.  We found a lot of cool stuff.

In 1994 my mom and I went detector shopping together again.  We went to a place called Earth's Treasures in I think Mansfield, Ohio and met a fellow there named Dick Noel.  I was all set to buy a Fisher CZ 5 Quicksilver but Dick told me to check out something called a Minelab Sovereign XS.  He demonstrated the Sovereign to us and my mother looked at me and said "buy it."  That detector was a game changer.  Despite all of the innovations since then, I never had more fun as an adult as I did with that Sovereign.  At the time there was nothing like it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1