Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ?

Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Metal Detector Manufacturer Did Give You The Most Fun / Success ? Name the Model and what made you come to this conviction in a post, if you want. (you know we love stories and pictures)

• AKA
    • Bounty Hunter
    • Compass
    • C. Scope
    • Deeptech
    • Fisher m-scope
    • Garrett
    • Jetco
    • JW Fisher
    • Minelab
    • misc (another manufacturer as there are only 20 choices allowed, sry)
    • Nautilus
    • Nexus
    • Nokta / Makro
    • Tesoro
    • Treasure Baron
    • QED
    • White's
    • Wilson
    • XP

Small world, Bill.  I still live near Mansfield, Ohio, and have also bought detectors from Dick Noel at Earths Treasures;  one of the most interesting at the time was the Sovereign, about a year after you bought yours.  Deepest detector I had at the time.  I guess I’m in the minority as I’ve bought more Garrett detectors than any other brand over the years, mainly because of the quick learning curve and their simplicity. I use different brands now, but still have a Garrett as a go to for some situations.  Happy hunting!

• Thanks 1

Filled up a museum with my old 4900.Having tested hundreds of detectors from around the world in the last 53+ years that's too tough to call.

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, DIG5050 said:

Small world, Bill.  I still live near Mansfield, Ohio, and have also bought detectors from Dick Noel at Earths Treasures;  one of the most interesting at the time was the Sovereign, about a year after you bought yours.  Deepest detector I had at the time.  I guess I’m in the minority as I’ve bought more Garrett detectors than any other brand over the years, mainly because of the quick learning curve and their simplicity. I use different brands now, but still have a Garrett as a go to for some situations.  Happy hunting!

What I remember most about the XS was that huge loud "bong" sound it would make when it hit a target like a quarter.  I had never heard anything like it!

Funny how small the world is.  I went to college at Ashland College (not a university back then) and never heard of Earth's Treasures and Dick Noel until I moved to California.  Sure miss that part of the country, it's a great place to live.

• Like 1