Quick Question For Western Australia Guys

IdahoPeg

I've always been fascinated with what attracts and repels insects...why some people are constantly bombarded and the person close by is left un bothered...from studying this photo it appears that dressing in all yellow may be worth a try...maybe time to pull out the old disco outfit from the 70's just hunt alone the first time. 

strick

CB413208-8E43-44B4-B390-AE4E8911007A.thumb.jpeg.b6b35753c9c37da45cc3ae8f2b768dfe.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Seems that light colored clothings the go in my backyard for both sun and insect avoidance but that`s 1000s of ks diagonally opposite in OZ from where Pegs inquiring of, plus our winter has few insects, total contrast to WA.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:28 PM, strick said:

I've always been fascinated with what attracts and repels insects...why some people are constantly bombarded and the person close by is left un bothered...from studying this photo it appears that dressing in all yellow may be worth a try...maybe time to pull out the old disco outfit from the 70's just hunt alone the first time. 

strick

CB413208-8E43-44B4-B390-AE4E8911007A.thumb.jpeg.b6b35753c9c37da45cc3ae8f2b768dfe.jpeg

Good eye!!-- I didnt notice the mob circling the yellow dot.

Steve: OZ has the wonderful March flies that will bite like a crocodile and hurt worse...Kinda like the black flies down near Hope-- i was allergic to them...man they swelled up with big red welts and itched like dammit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1