Coil DD Gp Extreme?

Luis

Can the GP extreme detector be fitted with dd coils or just mono coils?  I have come up with one to buy it and I would use it most of the time for the beach, so I ask if it could be fitted with dd coils

Try to find a Beach Hog coil for the beach….. awesome.

And I liked a mono better than a DD for 11” round.  Did you hear otherwise?

Add a Fatshark two 18650 pack for the battery and Bluetooth for the audio.

Best beach detector but not water resistant.  I wrap a bag around mine.  
I would like another Beach Hog coil to try on a surf pi or DF machine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luis said:

I have the coiltek 12X8 DD platypus.  I bought it for a TDI from White and only used it once to test it but didn't like how it behaved

And that brings up another quirk of the White's TDI family.  I've read (but have no personal experience) that although Mono coils made for the Minelab GPX (don't know about other GP's) work on TDI's, it wasn't necessarily the case for DD coils.  (The Platypus is a Coiltek made for Minelab detectors, right?)  Did White's or Miner John (=Razorback) ever even make a DD coil for the TDI?  Seems like I vaguely remember a Miner John DD, but unfortunately their facility got wiped out by California weather 3 or so years ago and that was the end of them.  😪

Coiltek made coils which were explicitly specified to work on the White's TDI's.  Did they ever make one of those that was a DD?

As to relevance of this post to the thread, the fact that the Coiltek Platypus 12x8 DD didn't perform well on the TDI may not be relevant for how well it will work on a Minelab GP Extreme.

• Like 1

I don’t remember the various setting purposes on the GpEx but I think you were supposed to flip a switch or two for DD’s. Also check the ground wiring at the coil receptacle as it may be hardwired for mono.  I have two machines and grounding is different between them.  I think I saw a loss of depth with the DD but I may have a collection of bad coils as I bought whatever was cheap on eBay like 6 years back or so.

• Like 1