Nox Continues To Sniff Out Oldies From Heavily Hunted Parks

Very well done, I dislike hunting in trashy areas but you've found a way to make it work for you and it's paying dividends.   That one big ring looks huge, maybe it fell off Mr T.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, strick said:

Nice shooting there...and I understand your reasoning..... but your passing up the GOLD! 😄

Thanks for the reply!  I find over 98% of my gold at the beaches, but one of my largest gold rings came from park turf...it was a quarter signal at 5”.  It was an old class ring from the 50’s era....over 20 grams....I was able to locate the owner and return the ring back to him.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Very well done, I dislike hunting in trashy areas but you've found a way to make it work for you and it's paying dividends.   That one big ring looks huge, maybe it fell off Mr T.

Thanks for the reply! That large brass/copper ring has Fleur De Lis symbols on it, but who knows what was glued on the face of that ring.  I think it’s a Biker ring from the 60’s era.

I’m in my zone/element for trashy park hunting...It’s my forte!  Been doing it for decades. I enjoy the challenge of finding masked oldies/deepies others have missed (including myself).

• Like 3

Hunting gold in parks is tough with all the aluminum. One thing I noticed is if you come across can slaw which is the worst it tends to be in patches. Rings aren't too bad to weed out from tabs but chains are the toughest. Real nice work with the Nox. Have you considered a 5x10 from Coiltek for that work?

• Like 5

Nice collection of goodies there my friend!!! Persistence pays off. As for the competition, I find most guys just don't understand all the things involved with finding good targets. Its way more than swinging an expensive machine. That's why you will continue to extract more goodies from these places. Best of luck next time out!!!!

That floral ring looks familiar to me, hard to tell from the photo. I found one a couple of months ago.

IMG_2162.jpg

• Like 6

Nice job. Deep finds are hard to do at trashy parks. Speed is your enemy 😄 Since you found Seated and Barber, you already know there is another layer lower than most people can figure out on how to get to. The constant renewing surface trash is slowly making it impossible to hit that Barber layer. It gets harder and harder every year to finds a clean enough section to punch deep. Looks like you are hitting that '50's layer solidly. Great selection of rings too. You need that bulldozer guy to scrape off 6" for you. 🦺

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Raphis said:

Dan, your junky turf urban park cherry-pick skills is the stuff of legend.  

So, Re.: the current the Nox vs your old-school arsenal :   What would you say, to the assertion by "certain persons", who say that:  When push comes to shove, @ the time of comparing flagged signals, that their Etrac can/could equally "call" the targets ?   And/or that : At the end of the day (when averages are done over-time, tallying multiple hunts) that :  There's no appreciable difference between your Nox tallies vs their Etrac tallies ?   Are they full of sh*t, or.... what ?   🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 3