Nox Continues To Sniff Out Oldies From Heavily Hunted Parks

That was one heck of a S**t sandwich Raphis!! You should work at a gourmet deli!!😂🤣👍👍

• Haha 1

Noooo!😱 Tell me it ain't so!!! I just thought he was waking up on the wrong side of the..... Country!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Noooo!😱 Tell me it ain't so!!! I jut thought he was waking up on the wrong side of the..... Country!!🤣👍👍

I know for at least one night back in May, 2007, he woke up in a dive motel room down the street from Golden Gate Park....because I was in a room at the same motel one floor above him! He knew I was in a fibromyalgia flare up  (lots of pain/fatigue that year), but he insisted that I lug up my heavy suitcase up a whole flight of stairs to my room that day.  Whatever schemes he concocted to handicap me before the big hunt didn’t work .  😅🤣

• Haha 2

Sorry to hear about the Fibro, but you obviously did not let that stop you!!👍 You all could have stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway, on Van Ness!! Was pretty good, when we went! Too bad I wasn't back to detecting then, but it was definitely eating at me, at the time, as I was playing tourist with the family! And yes, I'm sure there were no bed bugs doing the eating; I checked!! Now, where you guys stayed....... ??🤣👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raphis said:

.... I took first place in points for my assortment of old coin digs that day in the field.  ....

Gentlemen, we are here to discuss machine technology pro's & con's.  So :  No harm no foul.   Ok ?  🤔

Dan :  Re.: the "famous hunt" :  As I recall, we came away with the same # of silver.  Didn't we ?  But I *DO* recall being very smitten by your turf-skills.  You were definitely the fabled silver robot !   As you still are.

And I recall , from the famous hunt, where you pointed out a flagged signal.  I recall saying :  "I wouldn't have heard it" or "I think nail-false", or some such call.   It turned out to be a nail false.  I beamed with coy satisfaction 🤣   HOWEVER, then later, the same thing happened in reverse.  Where I too was fooled by a nail false, that I had incorrectly called as potential deep high conductor.  And you correctly poo-poohed it.   And we both realized, at that moment, that .... It was somewhat of a tie on flagged signal "calls".  Remember ?

But no matter:  Because that was the pre-Nox days, and doesn't lend to this conversation. 

Trust me:  I WOULD LOVE for someone to show me a sideways step, or a better step, on turf.  I have tried with a few Nox guys in turf, but ... so far ... no go .  They get spanked 😞   Was it always/ever just individual hunt locations with EMI giving only the Nox fits ?  Perhaps !  Was it Nox guys who "just didn't have enough practice" ?  Perhaps !    So, without someone of equal par to duel with, it's understandable that I would take interest in a post like this.  Where this duel has occurred between 2 renowned turf silver hunters, in the same exact locations.   Ie.:  flagged signals, averages over time, and the whole 9 yards.

I meant no harm or ill-will.  

54 minutes ago, Raphis said:

.... He knew I was in a fibromyalgia flare up  (lots of pain/fatigue that year), but he insisted that I lug up my heavy suitcase up a whole flight of stairs to my room that day. ....

I do not know anything about this.   Did you ask me to help with a suit-case and I said "no" ?  I'm totally confused about this.  🤔

9 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

I do not know anything about this.   Did you ask me to help with a suit-case and I said "no" ?  I'm totally confused about this.  🤔

But you knew I had a bad fibro flare up in 2006, right?  That’s why I joined the CA Kinzli forum that year, and purchased my Explorer to help me gradually reduce my symptoms over time and get back into the hobby I thoroughly enjoyed when I was in my late teens/early 20’s.  

I didn’t ask you to help me with my suitcase up the stairs that day...I just took my time, one step at a time.  I really thought you knew I was in a flare?  I was around 60-70% of my normal self on those hunts in SF, but I’m so glad I made the drive up there on my own...it gave me a lot of confidence in the following months to improve my conditioning and hunt as much as I possibly could.

44 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Sorry to hear about the Fibro, but you obviously did not let that stop you!!👍 You all could have stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway, on Van Ness!! Was pretty good, when we went! Too bad I wasn't back to detecting then, but it was definitely eating at me, at the time, as I was playing tourist with the family! And yes, I'm sure there were no bed bugs doing the eating; I checked!! Now, where you guys stayed....... ??🤣👍👍

Thanks. It (fibro) has been quite the battle...it changed my whole life.  I ended up retiring early from my engineering job, along with other big, life decisions I had to defer. Detecting, however, became the benefactor, and really helped to offset/qualm the many symptoms I have been feeling (mental/physical).

I remember Tom choosing the motel...it may have been El Capitan off of Mission St.  Name sounds familiar, but Tom probably knows for sure..☺️🤔

• Like 1

If we are still talking about the Equinox in parks, I am all ears on how well it is going to do at depth for silver or any deep non ferrous target. I had an E Trac and it's one machine I really regret selling. I am a fairly accomplished detectorist and I hate competing, but I will try and drive you into the ground if you make me compete 😄 But seriously, the E Trac changed the rules when it came to deep silver in the parks. In New England, it crushed the previous machine (any brand) and I was fortunate enough to be shown that in person by someone who had figured out how to use it in trashy inner city parks. I literally had a teacher show me exactly how to program my machine and what to listen for. We had a friendly competition that day and he won easily, even after he helped me. So with the Equinox, the challenge is to try and recreate the settings that mimic the E Trac but with the technology and controls that the EQ has to offer. I'm just starting to try and match up the settings. I really think the Equinox has the potential to be the winner since it should be able ID better at depth. I'm not a fan of random park challenges since the variables are all over the place. The only way to truly compare machines is if you become well versed in each machine and you run them through the paces. Putting a second person in the mix only adds error to the comparison. What if someone is slower in digging than the other person? What it they get the bad section of land and you get the not completely hunted to death section. It's just a waste of time boasting about who's better. Chase said it best that detecting is a pleasure, and I feel that we only get for a set period of time. Target run out, laws against it are passed, and our bodies finally give out eventually. Personally I'm excited to see Raphis post about his results in parks. He has proved over the years that he is a solid detectorist, so I much rather hear about his newest adventures with the EQ that to hash up old days arguments. Right now I'm in beach mode but if I do any park EQ hunting I'll post my results.

• Like 7