Nox Continues To Sniff Out Oldies From Heavily Hunted Parks

1 hour ago, Tom_in_CA said:

However, when someone comes on to a forum, and says they're experiencing 2x the silver results of detector X over detector Y (in this current decade), then.... it's to be expected that there'll be some curiosity floating.  As to how X & Y stack up to each other.   Ok ?

A metal detector is only a facilitator of a successful hunt; just like a set of golf clubs is to a professional golfer or a guitar is to a seasoned guitarist.  Depending on your quality of golf clubs, you could drive a ball 25-30 yards further with one than another. A guitar may sound better to one’s ears than another also.  However, when you have two different guitars or two sets of gold clubs that are all high quality items, the greatest factor to extract the most fidelity and highest performance out of those items is the “operator/player”.  The analogy holds very true for comparing two or more high quality metal detectors by similar hunters who possess equal skill sets.  For over 10 years in my locale I have hunted, I was typically finding 2-3 times the yearly silver and wheat pennies of my hunt buddies, and we all had similar Minelab machines.  Sure, we all hunted the same parks, but I did hunt them longer...I put more hrs into detecting than the avg hunter did, I notice I can dig deep plugs faster than  avg, I mostly cherry pick my targets, concentrating on the deeper, older, higher conductive targets, and in return for my long, hard work and hunt style, I amassed a bigger collection of old coinage and silver jewelry year after year than my buddies did.  There’s too many other factors/parameters besides a metal detector that makes a person avg 2-3 times more old coins than other th’ers hunting your same sites.  I’m still finding/recovering deep targets with my Nox at the same sites I found them with my Explorer, but, because park patrons don’t lose silver coins or wheat pennies anymore, I won’t be finding them at the rates I was finding them with my Explorer.  My Nox can unmask colocated targets better than my Explorer can, and it seems to detect a very deep target in mineralized ground better than my Explorer ever could,  so I hope to continue to find those obscure targets still hiding at the many parks I have hunted over the years....just not at the crazy rates I was finding them with my Explorer.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Raphis said:

....  For over 10 years in my locale I have hunted, I was typically finding 2-3 times the yearly silver and wheat pennies of my hunt buddies, and we all had similar Minelab machines.  Sure, we all hunted the same parks, ....

Yes.  But you're forgetting one-small ingredient :  You're a robot, and not human.   So it's not fair to compare us mere humans with robots.  Tsk tsk.   🤔

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Yes.  But you're forgetting one-small ingredient :  You're a robot, and not human.   So it's not fair to compare us mere humans with robots.  Tsk tsk.   🤔

My passion is high in the hobby, Tom.  It has been since I first held a detector in my hands when I was 15 yrs old.  The hobby has given back to me waay more than what my detectors have found in the ground!! 🤓🤔☺️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raphis said:

My passion is high in the hobby, ....

Dan, I know your physical limitations put a damper on how far you can travel, and how long you stay out in-a-stretch.   But would your ability allow you to do a 2-ish hr. drive southeast of you ?   A buddy of mine discovered a small town park that, apparently, only past Whites, Garretts, etc... have done.  Never had deeper seeking guys there I guess.  He easily snared a dozen silver.   Even back to a barber or two.   Ie.: still had ample of the classic fluty 4-star signals to pick out.  Park dates to 1900-ish.  

I stopped by their with Cal Cobra,  on our way to somewhere else.  He was using his 800, but .... he despises park turf hunting, (he's strictly a relic type guy).  So it was no-match, and he quickly wanted to leave.  But not till I'd pulled 3 or 4 silver, and multiple wheaties.

If you and your etrac hunt buddy are game, let's all hit it.

• Like 4