VLF Frequencies For Bigger Gold ?

Tony

Come on guys…….I just want a VLF to go:

”Beep”…….Gold 👍

”Beep”……Gold 👍

……..and with a rock solid threshold and nice “nulls” on iron. I’ll dig the 22 lead slugs if I have to 😄

Im trying to find a photo I had of the area……you can see where lightning has struck the ironstone outcrops and fused the area together……like a giant arc welder.

• Like 3

Just as a side note…..I can get a cheapish “new in box” Tesoro Lobo Supertraq. Aside from no warranty, etc…..is this a unit worth considering. 
Steve…..I was going to put this question under the Tesoro forum but left it here as it’s relevant to the thread.

Yeah I know……I’m clutching at straws with the whole VLF idea but I’d like to cover more than 5 square metres an hour 🤬

The Lobo ST is a very forgiving detector, and it did well in my hot rock infested ground in Alaska. The ground balance options are limited however. It is all metal full time tracking, or switch to disc, which is preset gb. Probably not a great option for what you are wanting - disc in bad ground.

• Oh my! 1

The Tarsacci MDT maybe a viable option for your Iron littered sites. It should handle the Mineralization well and runs very smooth in Iron. The size Gold you are wanting to find should be in it's capabilities.  You can send an E mail from the Tarsacci Forum site and Dimiter, the owner/engineer will probably be the one who answers you enquiry.

The detector choice is one thing, the size of the coil another. A big factor is the operator knowing that junk is normally shallow even in scraped ground rows. This means you can eliminate/remove the junk first, with a low sensitivity and a faster scan with the VLF. Now you can slow down with a high sensitivity setting with a PI detector. Some times you have to know when you are beaten.

p1011870.thumb.JPG.0b93da24ba8ee3f78939057e72e06ded.JPG

p6302094_28220511089_o.thumb.jpg.a147c8a38dd708f638b0ab9b98f0fe93.jpg

• Like 4

Tony I have managed to run the MXT in awful ground, the key for me has been the smaller 6x4 DD Shooter coil combined with lowering the gain. Just lower the gain until the machine is stable.  In trash I use audio disc, zip vs grunt. Start by digging everything and getting an idea of the type of rubbish in the area.  Some areas have few if any bullets, pull tabs or other modern junk. Sometimes rusty iron, old tin cans, rusty tools or even metal gold pans dominate. After digging everything in trashy sites I'll go hard with disc if modern trash dominates or continue to dig everything  if 'old' trash or 'relics' are present.

In gold country the 6x4 DD is my go to coil with the MXT. Great for crevicing and bedrock. Your MX7 with a small DD should give you an idea of what is possible. Some good advice on this thread, no need for another machine, just mount a small DD coil.

Tony what coils do you have for your MX7?

1484660272_gold1.jpg

1484660288_gold2.jpg

• Like 6

Must mention that whilst a small DD is great, a small six inch concentric will offer excellent results. On my GMX that flat bottomed coil is nothing short of superb. New Garrett 24k customers should chase up the older coil or hopefully new ones will soon be on offer. With the MXT I often used the Eclipse 5.3, even when the ground made it noisy. The 24K flat bottom designed six inch concentric is nicer but the older Eclipse performed well, despite being a bit fat or chunky in comparison. 

If the ground will allow it, outperforms all DD coils for depth and sensitivity on the smaller targets.

All the best.

1579591854_img_1579_edited.jpg

• Like 6