Nokta/Makro Lightning?

This site I'm linking to has been known to bend the facts a bit, so as to be first with something to post. That way people like me will link to it. :laugh: So take this all with a grain of salt. However, I did hear a rumor that the Sept issue of Western & Eastern Treasure magazine has a teaser ad for the new NM multi detector, so this may be on target... or not. :smile:

Link removed as information proven as bogus, including the Lightning name

Anyway, with Detectival right around the corner (Sept 11, 12) we may have an unveiling very soon. Fingers crossed! Anyone who gets their hands on a W&ET magazine, do look at the Nokta/Makro ad, and see what it says. EDIT - HERE IT IS!

910A33BA-8BB8-418E-96D0-41161D210A1A.jpeg

• Like 8

Is this true?

True Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Technology. Unlike the Garrett Ace Apex which uses a form of Minelab’s now patent-free FBS technology, we think that Nokta Makro will have developed their own multi-frequency detection tech or at the very least, added to FBS. The machine will also have several selectable individual frequencies to choose from.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Is this true?

True Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Technology. Unlike the Garrett Ace Apex which uses a form of Minelab’s now patent-free FBS technology, we think that Nokta Makro will have developed their own multi-frequency detection tech or at the very least, added to FBS. The machine will also have several selectable individual frequencies to choose from.

It would explain some of the behavior of Multi-flex. People say it’s pretty good on the beach, but not very fast or good in trashy areas (edit: apparently the performance in iron has picked up after updates it has been brought to my attention). Consistently hearing about a lack of depth from Apex too, but I haven’t ever experienced that from FBS, at least on high conductors. That being said, it’s the first I’ve ever heard of the FBS patent having run out (though I did hear BBS is up for grabs), and the first I’ve heard of the SMF aspect of Apex being a spin-off of FBS. Interested to learn more about it though. It FBS is up for grabs maybe Spectra V3 is too. I don’t know how long patents cover these companies. I doubt NM would use FBS and call it “lightening” though. 

I’ve seen the Sept cover of Western and Eastern Treasures. Nothing on the cover. Wish I had the issue. But now we have an explanation as to what that rail on the back of Simplex is for. 

• Like 1

Steve H.

If the name Lightning is what the new detector will be called that’s the name I submitted when the naming contest started.

I guess until Nokta/Makro says that is it are that lady we all like that goes by the name Dilek says so then we in limbo.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Talking about Western & Eastern Treasure magazine I got the last printed copy off the news stand and they said it would be the last.

Like so many things cost of printing something is costing more that they can’t make a profit from. That’s what happen with them!

Chuck 

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Is this true?

Simon, that sounds iffy to me. Multi-Flex may have Minelab/Whites SMF technology but I don’t think it is FBS.

One other “fact” that caught my attention as incorrect was the writer’s bullet point about the Equinox battery needing to be replaced by Minelab Service/Repair. That is not my understanding. I will buy batteries from Minelab when I need them for my Equinoxes, but I will do the install myself.

• Like 1

Straight from Dilek’s interview with Myers Metal Detecting, this is what’s known so far…key takeaways:

Two users have guessed the name: two males, one from France and one from US. Both will get the machine free

Battery will be located behind the arm rest and will be user replaceable 

It will have online updates on PC and Mac

No GPS capability 

Around 3.8-3.9 pounds with battery

Moving to Bluetooth headphones, not compatible with blue or green, but “probably” compatible with other Bluetooth items. 

Waterproof to 10 feet

Believes it has vibrate, but has to double check

Will be directly competing with the Equinox 800 in ability, but considerably lower price and higher build quality standards (not necessarily a competitor to E-Trac or CTX-3030)

Carbon fiber lower shaft 

This will be their “flagship” machine

Other news:

Working on Pulse machine, but not ready for announcements or details

The PulseDive has been so successful they are considering making more scuba units

https://youtu.be/VgGbJPoSeQ0

Dilek interview with “Detector Shop iTalia”: 

Will compete above the Apex level, directly with the highest model equinox (800) offering more specs for less money

Will not share coils with other machines including simplex

Rechargeable, waterproof, user replaceable lithium ion batteries 

Other news:

Looking at ways to scale down or make Invenio more affordable for the hobbyist 

(Video in Italian, answers in English)

Other Other News:

No concentric coil planned for Simplex unless users request it (we should organize to make a request. I think the demand is there).

• Like 4

I have to say, all they would have to do to convince me to sell my equinox and buy theirs is match the performance. Performance being equal, we know it would have a superior build because it uses the simplex shaft/housing. Simplex has not had many breaches and I’ve never heard of coil ears snapping etc. The flex in the lower shaft would be addressed with the carbon fiber upgrade. The extra weight might turn some people off, but not me. It all boils down to performance. We shall see. Hope it’s able to be run through testing live at Detectival, but interestingly Minelab is the title sponsor this year. 

BTW: “Quarter Hoarder” also used the same shadow picture of the SMF machine when giving one away in anticipation of its release on his channel. 

• Like 4

If the Lightning's simultaneous multi-frequency (SMF) includes higher and lower frequencies than the Equinox 800, I'd definitely be interested.. My wish list would also include a SMF Scuba Unit to complement the PulseDive.. 😁

15 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

If the Lightning's simultaneous multi-frequency includes higher and lower frequencies than the Equinox 800, I'd definitely be interested.. My wish list would also include a simultaneous multi-frequency Scuba Unit to complement the DivePulse.. 😁

She won’t go into exact frequencies in any interview I’ve listened to, but has said there will be a prospecting frequency or mode. I’m going through all the most recent interviews now and taking notes on any key information. I think I’ve pretty much covered anything within the last 4 months. I’d be interested in a scuba unit like that too. I’m sure sooner or later they will set their sights on the Excalibur. Sounds like a new pinpointer and prospecting pulse machine is next after they get the multifrequency unit out the door. I would also like to know if the multifrequency unit will have a color screen, but I’m very much doubting it. I think SMF units without some way of conveying frequency reaction to the target is a missed opportunity for any company or SMF unit. As far as single frequency spread I’d like to see 2.5khz, 5khz, 7.5khz, 15khz, 22.5khz, 45khz.

• Thanks 1