Nokta/Makro Lightning?

6 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

Seems promising. So maybe by Feb of 2023 we will know what it will look like at least!

There is still a chance that we may see it at Detectival. The last interviews I could find that went into any detail on the SMF were 3-4 months ago. It’s very possible that it’s ready to at least unveil it to the public. I’ll be glued to live feeds of Detectival for sure. It will be interesting to see Minelab’s response. Do they have an Equinox 1000 waiting in the wings for this moment, or maybe an update with even more features for the 600/800? It’s going to be interesting to watch unfold. 

That’s a powerful statement Nokta Makro is making up front.

The day of saying here’s what we got take it are leave it is history . Now detector companies are spending lots and lots of money to win us over to what they have to offer. I think the gold rush all over the world has been the major contributing factor to move it along.

I’ve said this before that when I started detecting to see another with a detector in hand was just about nothing. Within the first ten years I could count them on one hand. Now it’s like IPHONES everybody got one.

Chuck 

• Like 3

Mike,

With a magazine name like that, I'm sure that is all you can show us!!🤣😂👍👍

• Haha 1

Joe D

You nut !

If I can find the last printed issue of Western & Eastern Treasure I’ll send it to you.

WET that’s a good one.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

I like the look of the coil. Does the man in the advertisement look familiar to anyone?

The copy sounds like it will be a little while longer before it is on the market.

When I listened to Dilek, she indicated that they planned to outdo equinox 800 in features. Has me curious what features, aside from CTX-like features or some way to analyze the frequencies the 800 is lacking. I’m sure there are things I’m not considering. Maybe a wider range of frequencies, more frequencies to select from? More user profiles? 

a built in torch, vibration in the handle, carbon shaft... that sort of thing I'd imagine.

• Like 2

The coil in the photo look like it could be elliptical but it's hard to really tell from that angle.

The shaft looks carbon fiber. There not showing us much yet.

Coil.jpg