Nokta/Makro Lightning?

14 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I just sent Dilek a email asking her what if anything she can tell us about the Lightning.

Mmmm shocking, well hopefully she doesn’t remain static on this issue. There’s a storm of speculation brewing 

• Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Geotech said:

FBS is the same as BBS. V3 MF was never patented. I doubt Apex used BBS tech.

That’s right. 3.125khz base and 25khz harmonic in some sequential ratio I forget. I wasn’t aware V3 MF wasn’t patented, though I guess it’s pretty straightforward right, 3 simultaneous frequencies separately filtered. I’m betting they’ve done some derivation of that here with “Lightning” since they seem to be accentuating the “true simultaneous” end of it. If they were to allow users to choose whether to run 2 or 3…some might like the sound of that.

Looks like there will be an other challenger coming soon ...  🙂  I had a call today with a MD French dealer who told me that XP will release a new SMF detector this autumn , during October or November he said ... I have no more detailed things but this guy is reliable and I am quite confident with this info ...  

Until then ... do not accept paying more for less !  🙂🙂 😹✌️

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

Looks like there will be an other challenger coming soon ...  🙂  I had a call today with a MD French dealer who told me that XP will release a new SMF detector this autumn , during October or November he said ... I have no more detailed things but this guy is reliable and I am quite confident with this info ...  

I’d love to see that happen.  I’ve been thinking of getting a deus to compliment my now 3+ year old equinox.  I may have to wait and see what happens with XP and the new Nokta/Makro.  

• Like 2

I've heard the same thing only it was supposed to be earlier in the year like in July. But that obviously got pushed back.

• Like 1

watch for advanced coil technology from XP and maybe NM that will assist the SMF. Circumventiing the obstacles that currently and traditional occur/exist.

• Like 2

Gotta love competition! It's fun to watch the virtual "chess" match between companies trying to come out with their products first! Especially with the Holidays approaching! But as we have seen, that can be a double edged proposition, if it's a rush job!! Tough business!! But Good for us!! I'll be even more excited, to possibly see more than one, hit the dirt!! 🥳👍👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

Something tells me with XP we can expect to pay dearly haha. It would be welcome news nonetheless. I wonder if it would be a coil or whole new machine. I imagine if they wanted to be competitive in the all terrain market a whole new corded unit would be the best solution. 

• Like 1