Nokta/Makro Lightning?

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I have never broken any Nox ears after owning and using five of them and I have used them in saltwater surf. I did break the ears on a CTX 3030 similar sized coil to the Nox stock coil. The CTX coils are very similar in outer design to the Nox coils, especially the coil ears. 

I did break the coil ears on a Nokta Makro Gold Racer too.

At least the Simplex ears are very sturdy in appearance and I have not broken them either.

Well...I will add that a big part of how mine broke were my fault , after the fact. Regardless , it should still have never happened if they were built stronger. I swung the 15" at an angle on the lower slope that was also angled into hard sand. But I also remember that morning when I adjusted the coil nut too tight. The ears were pinched in a tad. Didn't think much of it at the time because I prefer a stationary coil. Not one that flips up all over the place. I am in and out of the water often on all my hunts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

By the way, the Equinox 600 new, costs less than the AT Max new. 

I know, especially when you factor in potential dealer discounts.

But it's a bit easier to negotiate down an individual seller selling a used AT Max than it is a used Equinox 600. So that's the primary explanation as to why I currently swing the AT Max and not the Equinox 600. But I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on a used metal detector.

Perhaps I'll be wrong and this N/M Lightning will outperform both Equinoxes. Then we'll see the used metal detecting market flooded with people selling their out-of-warranty Equinox 600s and 800s. If so, guess who'll be shopping around? 😀

I’ve seen more info coming out of the back door of a funeral home than we getting from the U.K. Detectival . The trouble is they 6 hours ahead of us CST so for the most part the day is over for them.

Nokta Makro have a big question mark hanging over their heads and that Is It Ready for the world 🌎 to see.

Well they got one more day if they plan on unveiling the Lightning at the Detectival .

Chuck 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’ve seen more info coming out of the back door of a funeral home than we getting from the U.K. Detectival . The trouble is they 6 hours ahead of us CST so for the most part the day is over for them.

Nokta Makro have a big question mark hanging over their heads and that Is It Ready for the world 🌎 to see.

Well they got one more day if they plan on unveiling the Lightning at the Detectival .

Chuck 

Chuck - Preach it! 👍

• Haha 1

Chase

A-Men brother I see the light! I should they shining it right in my eyes.

Chuck 

PS I just wish it was the Lightning.

I can’t help it that I’m like a kid in candy store when it comes to something new in the detector field.

I may never use it but it’s the joy of owning it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, village said:

some of the early nasayers may have to eat crow

Or not...nothing announced at Detectival.  3 years of teases with no concrete info continues...  Probably still a few months away before we see solid specs, pics, or vids then additional testing and finally production release.  [Nokta knows it is important not to stumble out of the gate on this one - high stakes].  Hopefully something in the Spring or at least in time for summer.  No crow will be eaten until real users get their hands on the thing and we can get some no-spin reviews...

And folks ... remember to set your expectations at realistic levels for a first gen SMF.  It would be super impressive for Nokta to leapfrog Garrett and Apex at this point, much less ML.

Still rooting for them because their detectors are feature packed.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chase

A-Men brother I see the light! I should they shining it right in my eyes.

Chuck 

PS I just wish it was the Lightning.

I can’t help it that I’m like a kid in candy store when it comes to something new in the detector field.

I may never use it but it’s the joy of owning it.

I know how you feel.  I like toys, still.

• Like 1

It’s a rep. At the Nokta Makro booth going around yesterday taking a video of everything there . He said due to the travel restrictions people from the company can’t come. So we may not be seeing anything this weekend.

I’d transfer the video over but not sure how.

Sorry!

Chuck